Acne is a common skin problem, which is characterized by the presence of blackheads, pimples, cysts and scars. There are more than half a dozen forms of acne and all of them are connected with sebaceous glands or the glands connected with hair follicles. The most affected areas by acne are the forehead, chin, temples, cheeks, chest, and back. It’s in very rare cases that the entire body is covered with blackheads and extensive scarring. Whether mild or acute, acne is one problem, which we all face at least once in our lifetime. Having, a bad case of acne, can be socially embarrassing consequences and may refrain you from outings, dating and parties. It is traditionally believed that problem of acne sets in during puberty due to hormonal changes in body. However, for some people the acne problem can last throughout life. There can be various causes for acne ranging from hormonal imbalance, poor diet, to hereditary causes. Treatment for acne depends on severity. Mild acne problem can be treated by washing face with a mild soap, whereas severe acne can require oral treatment with antibiotics. However, there are some effective herbal acne treatments, which can help you to get rid of acne problem. Here are some herbal acne treatments, which you can try at home.
Herbal Remedies For Acne
- Use orange peel to get rid of acne problem. On a piece of stone, pound orange skin with water and apply to acne-affected area.
- Frequent use of lemon juice is an easy and effective remedy.
- Garlic has proved effective in curing acne. Several times a day, massage using raw garlic. Use of garlic on skin can help you get rid of skin spots, pimples, and boils. Intake of three seeds of raw garlic daily for a month will have effective result. It will purify your blood and purification of blood helps in keeping acne away.
- A teaspoon of coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder is one of the best home remedies for acne. It is also an effective cure for blackheads and pimples. This mixture should be applied every night after washing your face before going to sleep. You can substitute mint juice for coriander juice, it will have a cooling effect on face.
- Grated cucumber, when applied over face, eyes, and neck for fifteen minutes gives excellent boost to the skin. Cucumber proves useful in preventing pimples and blackheads.
- Neem has always proved beneficial for skin related problems. Make a fine paste of neem leaves. Apply this paste on acne-infected region. Wash the paste after 25 to 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey to make a fine paste. At night, before going to sleep, apply the mixture on acne-infected area. Next morning, wash the paste with warm water. Repeat this remedy for two to three weeks and you will surely get rid of pimples forever.
- Mix 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 slightly beaten egg white, 1/2 cup mashed apple, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face for at least 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Acne Diet Do’s And Don’ts
- Drink plenty of water. This will keep your body hydrated.
- Take a healthy diet rich in vitamins. Diet rich in Vitamin A can help you get rid of acne problem.
- Zinc supplements are known to fight acne outbreaks. Include eggs, mushrooms, and whole grains in your diet, as they are a good source of zinc. They can help reduce acne.
- Foods containing caffeine like coffee, chocolates, tea and cola drinks are common food items, which can cause acne. Caffeine intake increases hormone production and can lead to acne breakouts.
- Avoid intake of oily and spicy food.