Proper diet and nutrition plays an important role in the growth and development of toddlers. This is one vital stage of human life that requires a lot of care and attention and as such, the food and nourishment of the child should be given special importance. It is estimated that for an average growing toddler, around 1000 calories per day needs to be provided for his/her optimum growth and development. However, during this stage, children are very choosy in their food preferences. Being naturally picky eaters, it becomes very difficult to feed them a proper diet, which is balanced and also enjoyed by them. To help you in your efforts, we have provided some very healthy and nutritious, yet extremely delicious recipes for toddlers in the lines below.
Easy & Healthy Recipes For Toddlers & Young Children
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 cup Ham (chopped)
- 2¼ cups medium-sized Potatoes (grated)
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine
- 2½ tbsp Skim Milk
- Pepper (optional)
- Salt (as desired)
- Grated Cheese
- Clean the potatoes properly, under cold running water, to remove any grime or dirt. Peel them and grate them into small fragments.
- Next, in a frying pan, place the butter or margarine and allow it to melt.
- To the melted butter, add the grated potatoes and cook for around 9-10 minutes.
- Blend the egg yolks and milk in a small mixing bowl and add this to the frying pan, along with the chopped ham, once the potatoes are cooked properly.
- Keep stirring the pan until the eggs are cooked. Add seasonings as you desire.
- Finally, stir in the grated cheese and serve hot.
- 1 package Tri-colored Pasta (fun-shaped)
- ½ cup Red Onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Baby Carrots
- 1 cup freshly chopped Broccoli
- ¼ cup Black Olives (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper (as desired)
- Lemon Juice (as desired)
- In a large boiling pan, allow the pasta to boil, until it becomes soft and tender.
- In another frying pan, sauté the vegetables in olive oil, till you get a soft yet crisp mixture.
- Blend together the pasta and vegetables in a large bowl and lightly coat it with the grated cheese.
- Garnish with pepper and lemon juice and serve warm.
Meat and Egg Drop Soup
- 1-2 eggs (both yolks and whites beaten)
- ½ cup cooked Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Pepper (to taste)
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- In a large saucepan, stir together the rice and broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add the eggs and continue to stir until the eggs have been properly cooked.
- You can add meat cubes to the mixture and sprinkle some pepper, as desired.
- Finally, add in the lemon juice and stir properly to get an even mixture.
- Serve hot, along with some homemade bread and vegetables.