Halloween is the festival celebrated on October 31 every year, to pay tribute to the deceased souls of the near and dear ones. Like any other festival, Halloween too has some distinct activities that make the celebration highly enjoyable. The popular activities associated with the festival are trick-or-treating, carving jack-o’-lanterns, organizing costume parties, watching horror movies and visiting haunted places. Treats and delights form an integral part of the celebration and one cannot imagine the festival without these. However, excess of chocolates, gelatin, and candies can harm your child's as well as your health. Cutting down these items doesn't mean that excitement will be lesser. In fact, interesting and yummy delights can also be made for Halloween, by using such things in moderate quantities. With a little caution, you can make really tempting treats that are healthy as well. Eating healthy foods will enable you to enjoy and have fun, though certainly not at the cost of your health. Read on to know the details of healthy Halloween treat for your kids.
Healthy Halloween Snacks For Kids
Chocolates are the favorites of the kids, who tend to have more of them during any festival. This is true even in case of Halloween. Chocolates are not healthy and thus eating too many of them can lead to several health problems in your kids. So, it's time to be a responsible parent and give your child a healthy treat on Halloween. By adding healthy snacks into their diet, you can make a balance for all the candies they eat while out on trick or treating. There are many recipes that can go well with theme of Halloween and are healthy and tasty at the same time. Read below to find the list of these healthy treats.
- ‘Ants on a Log’ is a popular Halloween recipe, which looks nice and is made of healthy items like celery sticks, peanut butter, and raisins.
- Devilish Eyes is another healthy recipe that requires eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and green olives. This ensures a healthy diet for the kids.
- A spider made out of crackers, peanut butter, pretzel sticks and currants is too tempting to be resisted.
- Munch mix also makes a perfect Halloween recipe. It is prepared by blending sweet oat and corn cereal, popcorn, marsh mellows, dried mixed fruit and candy corn pieces.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are the simplest of the Halloween snacks. These are made by simply baking the pumpkin seeds at a temperature of 250 degrees F, for about 45 minutes.
- Boo cups are tasty dessert items, which are relished by both kids and adults. This dessert is made by using chocolate instant pudding, cold milk, crushed cookies and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spooky sandwich, creepy apples and hot apple cider are other names that are prominent in the list of healthy Halloween snacks.
- Hallo-pizza has a taste and flavor that every kid can relish. Take a whole-wheat pizza crust and decorate the top with mozzarella cheese, black olives, tomato sauce and orange bell peppers.
- Pumpkin muffins make a healthy Halloween treat with breads. These muffins are easy to make and taste great.
- All the healthy Halloween snacks are great if you're having a party and are an excellent substitute for the junk foods.
- Remember good presentation works best to draw the attention of children. Try to use more of scary shapes, so that every eatable becomes interesting for kids. Use natural sweeteners, peanut butter, fruit juices, fruits and vegetables, for making Halloween food. Make the food tempting, so that you child will be unconsciously attracted to it.