There are many different hairstyles for fat faces to choose from. People with a fat face have the option of wearing any kind of short or long hairdo. Fat or round face shapes are almost the same in length from cheek to cheek and from chin to top of the forehead. Fat faces can be slimmed by using gradual layers, volume towards the top and hair framed close to the face. Key factors to make a face look slimmer with short haircuts include more volume, playful bangs and good facial framing. Long haircuts contribute to the length and make a face appear sleek. Thus, it is essential to choose one that adds length to your face and not width to the sides. Read on further to know the different hairstyles for a fat face.
Hairstyles For Round Fat Faces
- A pixie cut is a great option as it has short wispy layers that visually break up the volume of a fat face.
- Shag cuts with wispy ends between the chin and shoulders also give a sleek look to your fat face.
- If you have natural wavy hair, get wisps at the end of your hair to add much needed volume in the right places.
- Layered choppy end hairstyle suits perfectly on a fat face and provides a different look.
- An angle bob works well with long bangs giving it a style of sophistication and a well thinning look.
- You can also have varied lengths of layers to detract attention from your fat face.
- Spiked hair or bangs can interrupt the fullness of a round face giving your face the illusion of length.
- Add plenty of curls with the front tresses framed closer to the face to create a slimming effect.
- You can also add slightly swept fringes to create a beautiful and complementary look to a fat face.
- A mid-part haircut styled close to the face can create framing to soften facial areas and give a sleek look.
- For a complex hairdo, get curled tresses, textured hair and tendrils in the front coming down both sides. The hair is combed and parted in the middle with plenty of texture.
- Place your long hair in a bun, chignon or updo. Bundle your long tresses in the back in different ways.
- Keep longer locks sleek and narrow till the chin for a smoother style and add wispy tapered ends to soften the face and add distinction.
- An offset side fringe can incorporate longer hair to help slenderize a fat face.
- Highlights framing the face can break up the style and create a narrower appearance.
Styles To Avoid
- Medium length styles are not a great option for round faces. The hair should either continue past the chin or stop above the cheeks.
- Chunky and heavy bangs only add weight to a fat face.
- Curls next to the cheeks emphasize the roundness.
- Blunt ends near the cheeks add width to the face shape.
- Bobs are a big no as they emphasize the cheeks.
- Center parts make a face appear wider.