Deciding on the perfect gift for your ageing parents can be quite daunting at times. No matter what you get, nothing seems good enough for them. They are the people who have brought you into this world, spending their entire time and energy looking after you and caring for your each and every need. As such, you have to make sure that whatever you buy for them is unique and exquisite. Though they never demand or expect anything in return for their years of love and care, it is your responsibility to look after them and bring a smile on their face. What better way to do this than by presenting them with a gift, without or without occasion. To help you in your search for the ‘perfect gift’ for your elderly parents, we have provided some ideas below. Read on and bring a smile to those eyes whose life start and ends with you and your happiness.
Gifts For Ageing Parents
- A perfect way to bring a smile on your parents’ face and induce some excitement and variation in their lives is by gifting them a lovely holiday cruise for two. Many elderly people love to visit new places and a cruise is a perfect way to do this. However, ensure that the cruise line that you choose is senior-friendly and they don’t encounter any difficulties during the trip.
- All elderly people love to receive gifts that remind them of the good times that they spend with their family and with their near and dear ones. A great idea would be presenting them with a beautiful scrapbook containing old memories, like your childhood pictures and photographs of your family functions, important events, and so on.
- Another good option will be the restoration of a memorable photograph that has been damaged by water, discolored or torn. There are many photo restoration centers available today, from where you can get the pictures restored and then frame them beautifully. This will definitely be a priceless possession for them.
- Capturing old and priceless memories can also be done by collecting all those old photographs and arranging them in a sequence in a DVD, along with their favorite songs as the background. Even though the pictures in the DVD are still, they will move in a sequence, like a movie. A great idea would be to start with the pictures of their wedding day and move onto photos of their children, their trips together and finally their grandchildren. This will surely bring tears in their eyes, as they pass through the memories of long lost years once again.
- Find out the songs and tunes that are were popular during their era and that are very close to their heart. Gifting them with CDs of such songs will get them nostalgic and they will really love the present.
- You can never go wrong with gift certificates, which can either be given to your parents individually or be for the two of them together. To your father, you can gift a certificate to a local hardware store. There, he will be able to get all the appliances of his choice, with which he can putter around and repair whatever appears broken and damaged. For your mother, arrange a gift-certificate to the hairdresser, giving a boost to her personality with a new haircut. In case you are planning to gift a single certificate to the two of them, consider one to their favorite restaurant.
- If your parents love music and drama, you can think of Season tickets to the local Symphony or the local community center.
- You can provide them with security and protection, by buying insurance policies, like health insurance policy, as a gift. This will make them happy and they will feel loved and cared for.