Christmas is that one day of the year that is set aside to celebrate the birth of Christ. Sadly, however, people have failed to see the significance of this festival. This has led to myriad ‘mixed’ reactions amongst both Christians and non-Christians. This has also led to a host of interesting, satirical, and funny observations and opinions on Christmas. Christmas although meant to be a very important festival for Christians, still holds a few drops of humor that have been cleverly drawn out and even laughed at. Some people think Christmas is overtly commercialized and some think there was only one Christmas (the day Christ was born) while the rest are just anniversaries! Life is all about seeing the humor in anything and everything possible. The rat race becomes so much more pleasurable that way. Read on to gain access to a few handpicked funny quotes on Christmas. These ‘quotes’ are guaranteed to tickle your funny bone. Dig in!
Humorous Christmas Quotations
- "Why is Christmas just like a day at the office? You do all the work and the fat guy with the suit gets all the credit.” – Anonymous
- "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." - Joan Rivers.
- "The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin." - Jay Leno.
- "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.” - Shirley Temple
- "There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries." - W.J. Cameron.
- "Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.” - Victor Borge
- "Let me see if I've got this Santa business straight. You say he wears a beard, has no discernible source of income and flies to cities all over the world under cover of darkness? You sure this guy isn't laundering illegal drug money?” - Tom Armstrong
- “From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it.” - Katharine Whitehorn
- "What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.” – Anonymous
- "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." - Roy L. Smith
- "Christmas is a race to see which gives out first - your money or your feet.” – Anonymous
- "Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money." – Anonymous
- "Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven." - W.C. Fields