‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’! Is it even possible to not nod your head in agreement to this fact of life? Yes, it really is as important as anything can get to spice up a kid’s life with fun games and activities. Think about a kid, he/she does not lead an easy life. Apart from carrying a bag that is twice as heavy as him/her, the poor kid is forced to add numbers and memorize long passages, and it gets so much worse when the kid abhors the same. This is exactly why games, crafts, and activities for kids were invented. Apart from giving a kid, a much-deserved respite from school and studies, games, crafts and activities instigate a kid to think and also enhance creativity. Sadly, most parents do not see the positivity in permitting their kids to indulge in games and fun activities. However, it’s as good as a fact that fun activities help a kid get that much more creative and smarter. Read on for interesting ideas on fun activities for kids.
Fun Activities For Children
You Will Need
- 15-20 small household objects ( bottle cap, safety pin, car keys, paper clip, coins, spoons, etc)
- A tray or table
- A towel or a sheet
- Place the household objects, around fifteen to twenty of them, on the tray or tabletop.
- Once you have done this, cover these objects with a towel or a large sheet. You have to ensure that the objects are completely covered.
- Round up the kids and ask them to stand around the tray or table. Every kid around the table should have a clear view of the towel or sheet covering the household objects.
- Now, take off the towel or sheet and expose the objects to the kids. The period of exposure shouldn’t last for more than a minute. Cover the objects right after the period of exposure is done with.
- Give each kid a sheet of paper and a pencil and ask him/her to write down names of the objects just shown.
- The kid who recalls the most number of objects wins this game. In the case of a tiebreaker, repeat the game with a different set of objects. However, don’t repeat the game with all the kids, just with the two or three kids who have won the game together.
You Will Need
- 2 clear and large soda bottles
- Food coloring
- This whole activity or project can be put together by your kid. He/she can begin by filling one of the two bottles with water until three-quarters of the bottle is full of water.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the water and shake until well mixed.
- Place the other bottle on top of the bottle full of water and tape the necks of both bottles together. The tape should be wound tightly around the bottles and the top bottle should be perpendicular to the bottom bottle. The purpose of taping the bottles together is to create a watertight compartment around the necks of both bottles.
- The project is done! Ask your kid to hold the ‘finished product’ in both hands and move the same around. See what happens. Apart from a gleeful smile on your kid’s face, you’ll also notice that the bottle really has a tornado in it.
You Will Need
- 6 raisins
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Glass tumblers
- Pour a cup of water into the glass and add a teaspoon of baking soda to it. Stir the water until the baking soda dissolves.
- Now, slowly but steadily add one-fourth cup of vinegar and wait until the contents in the glass tumbler stop fizzing.
- Once the fizz has gone, add the raisins to the water and see what happens. The ‘bounce’ will take around fifteen minutes to reach its crescendo.