With the fast food culture on a roll and super-sized appetite of the kids on a rise, there is little that concerned parents can do to stop their kids from going gaga over the food fad. While you cannot really ignore your kids call for burgers and pizzas, you can definitely go smart and cram their appetite with something fun, nutritious and sinfully lip-smacking than allow them to binge on the junk. A day of study, gym class, tennis session and dance practice can frazzle your little one and get them screaming for a quick-fix. When it comes to dealing with your kids’ sudden snack attacks, the options are delightfully endless. Now a snack doesn’t always have to be high on calories, sugar and fat! Whether you are a full-time mom or a mum-on-the-go, fixing nutritious snack is as easy as riding down a hill. Doesn’t matter if your child is a fussy eater, a nutritious yet tasty snack is something even a picky eater can’t refuse. Grab an apron and get hold of some yummy ideas and get going. Here are some fun healthy snack ideas for your kids to devour.
Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids
- With lunch not too long ago and dinner hours away, a quickie is what your child needs in between to stay high up on the energy levels. If you are bet for munchies but fear to indulge your kid in cookies and candies, how about going for a nutty nutritious trail mix? Kids love to have fun over munchies. So get your kids over a trail mix and see them go nuts! All you have to do is arrange for raisins, sunflower seeds, roasted soy nuts and dry fruit and get your kids toss their favorite ingredients to have a healthy, nutritious quickie.
- Your kitchen can become your ultimate war zone when it comes to dishing out snack for your kids. Nevertheless, cooking for your kids can be fun when you know that the options are endless. Stir in a quick dip and see yoru kids go gaga over it! Get hold of some flavored yogurt add a bit of cinnamon to spice it up, add some diced tropical fruits and you are ready to go.
- Yummy smoothies are always a huge hit with the kids! It’s the ultimate healthy snacking option for kids and takes no time to whip up. Just take some low-fat yogurt, your kids’ favorite fruit and ice and blend. You can also add some chocolate drink mix to your smoothie for a wonderful chocolate smoothie.
- You can hardly ever go wrong with lip-smacking nutritious roll up for your kids. Kids love to eat funky stuff. So a nice healthy chicken, vegetable or tofu roll up would be the ultimate bet to satiate your hungry kid’s taste buds and tummy alike. If you are a mum on the go, all you have to do is spare good five minutes from your packed schedule and roll up thin slice of roasted luncheon meat, smear it with yummy mustard or your child’s favorite spread and enjoy. You can also grab a wheat tortilla and generously smear it with cream cheese or peanut butter and voila! Tasty wraps are ready to be munched!
- You don’t really have to feel guilty if you are a working mum and pushed for time with the supermarket shelves stacked with numerous health options. Now only if you thought that store-bought picks are unhealthy, bust the myth and stack your larder with whole-grain crackers, cheese strings baked chips, salsa or bean dip, packed soups and more.