Herbal facials for the face, visits to the hairstylists for hair treatments, steam baths and toning exercises to stay fit are but a few different things we indulge in to look good and appealing. However, have we ever thought of our feet, the part of our body that work hard to support and transport our entire body to different places? Not many of us do, and that is as good as a fact. It is very important for us to keep our feet clean and healthy since the dust it is exposed to can lead to infections and many other skin complications. One way of keeping the feet clean and healthy is by providing them with a foot bath. Some of the revitalizing homemade foot soak recipes are what will provide ideal care for your feet. Foot bath recipes use all natural ingredients that are beneficial for your feet. Here are few recipes for foot baths that you can try making at home to help keep your feet healthy and clean.
Detox Foot Bath Recipes
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 3 lt of hot Water
- 1 oz of Sage (dried)
- 1 oz of Rosemary (dried)
- 1 inch of fresh Ginger Root
- 20 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Chop the onion and garlic into fine pieces and grate the ginger root.
- Heat up the water in a large saucepan and add in the onion, garlic and ginger. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove water from heat and allow infusing for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid into a foot bath and let it cool for 4 minutes.
- Add in the tee tree essential oil and then soak your feet in this bath for 20 minutes with a towel over your feet and the tub.
- After 20 minutes, pat your feet dry, especially between your toes.
Peppermint Lavender Foot Bath
- 5 drops of Peppermint Oil
- ½ cup of Epson Salt
- 3 drops of Lavender Oil
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Put all the ingredients in a foot bath filled with hot water and soak your feet in it for 10-15 min.
- Dry your feet properly and moisturize.
- You can even use some of the mixture and start scrubbing and massaging your foot with it. Make sure to concentrate mostly on the rough spots.
- 2 drops of Tea Tree or Lavender Oil
- 2 cups of Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin
- Soak your feet till the ankles in warm water and add in all the ingredients into water. Mix well with your feet.
- Soak your feet in this water for at least 20 minutes.
- Dry them and apply some anti-fungal cream.
- 1/8 cups of Parsley (dried)
- 4 bags Chamomile Tea
- 4 drops of any Essential Oil
- Make sure to steep in all the ingredients in a tub of hot water for about 10 minutes before you soak in your feet in it.
- After you take out your feet from the water, pat it dry.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp Liquid Soap
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and your foot bath recipe is ready. Add the mixture to the tub of hot water and soak your feet in it for 20 minutes.
After a day of hard work, nothing can be more relaxing than a nice foot bath. These foot bath recipes will help you take care of your feet in the best possible way.