For many parents with kids, the most stressful part of the day is in the morning. If sending the kids to school is hard enough then making them eat, a breakfast before they go is even harder. After this, the grind and toil of the day will seem like a cakewalk. When just waking up the kids and getting them ready for the school takes up all the time, it is a miracle if you could just butter a few slices of bread and push it down their throats. Most parents have already given up on making a healthy breakfast for their kids concentrating on providing a health lunch or dinner. It would make any parent squirm to think of making elaborate breakfast spread when the clock runs at a hurried speed and the school bus waiting at the gate, honking, waking the entire neighborhood, and leaving their kids behind. However, the importance of breakfast cannot be underestimated, for kids as well as grownups. It is the fuel that drives the body till lunch. Since, the kids are naturally active, more than their grownup counterparts, a filling breakfast is very important. And since their body also grows at a faster rate, the body requires all the energy and nutrients that it can get for the growth not only of the body but also of the mind. For those who think that it is next to impossible to rustle up a quick, healthy, and tasty breakfast that the kids will relish are highly mistaken. There are certain breakfast recipes that are nutritious, easy to prepare in a couple of minutes and also scrumptious so that you don’t have to fight with your kids to make them eat it. To know a few of such recipes read below.
Quick Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 4 whole wheat English Muffins (split in half)
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat Milk
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms (diced)
- 1 large Tomato (sliced)
- 8 slices low-fat Turkey Bacon (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Arrange the muffins on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Take the milk, eggs, oregano, salt, pepper, and mushrooms in a bowl and beat it.
- Heat oil in a skillet and scramble the egg mixture.
- Top each muffin with a piece of bacon, a tomato slice, shredded cheese, and spoonful of scrambled eggs.
- Place the muffins in a baking sheet and heat for 8 minutes till the cheese melts.
Serve – 4
- 1 cup firmly packed light Brown Sugar
- 2 ½ cups plain rolled Oats
- 4 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Water
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried Apples (chopped)
- In a bowl, take the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly and then add the oats and mix.
- Add the oil, applesauce, water, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir thoroughly to mix.
- Then add the cranberries, pecans, and apples and combine.
- Spoon the batter into baking sheets so as to make 36 cookies. Bake in an oven preheated at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes until golden. Leave it to cool.
Serve – 10 to 12
Ham And Cheese Breakfast Wrap
- 3 tsp unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 4 oz Deli Ham (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- 2 whole wheat flour Tortillas (8-inch and warmed)
- 2 tbsp Avocado (diced)
- 4 tbsp Swiss Cheese (shredded)
- Put the butter in a skillet and melt it over medium heat. Add the eggs, stir frequently to scramble.
- Stir in the ham, mushrooms, and salsa into the eggs and cook lightly.
- Fill each of the tortillas with the egg mixture. Top with diced avocadoes and cheese.
- Before serving roll the tortillas and slice in half.
Serve – 2
Blueberry Smoothie With Toasted-Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices Whole-Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup Lean Cereal
- 1 cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 oz Cheddar Cheese (sliced)
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster.
- In a food processor take the cereal, milk, and berries and blend.
- Put a slice of cheese between the bread slices and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie in a glass and serve with the toasted cheese bread slices.
Serve – 1
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Frozen Spinach (thawed)
- 1 slice Canadian Bacon (diced)
- 2 slices Whole-Wheat Bread
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 cup Grape Juice
- Mix the egg, spinach, and bacon. Coat a plate with nonstick cooking spray and pour the egg mixture into it.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Toast the bread and serve with almond butter and grape juice.
Serve - 1