People celebrate festival as a break for relaxation from the highly stressful life. In that way, a family union can make you feel mentally strong and morally supported. It relaxes you and is a great way to get connected with relatives and friends who are staying far off from you. With a family reunion, you will end up knowing more about your family tree and ancestors and thus, about the family history. When it comes to planning a family reunion, the biggest challenge is that of arranging a lot of people in one single place. If you have a big family and you can invite most of them for the reunion, then you should take care of their accommodation and other things. It can be a heavy responsibility and people now even seek the help of event management firms to arrange their big fat family reunion. Read on the article to know more family reunion ideas.
How To Plan Family Reunion
- When you are planning a family reunion, the first thing you should do is the preparation of the guest list. You should have a proper idea about the people who are attending your party. You can plan to include people depending upon the resources available to you.
- If you want to make it small and comfortable, you should only invite your immediate and close relatives such as your siblings and their families other than your parents and grandparents. If you are planning to make it big, it would be better to include your first cousins, second cousins, third cousins and their respective families.
- If you are planning to invite a lot of people for your family reunion, it is good to divide work among different family members. You can set up a few family reunion committees by organizing your relatives and make one person the head of each committee. You should assign certain duties to them. It is easy to manage the whole reunion function if you divide the people in this way.
- You can be the head of the treasury committee, which decide the financial status of the event. This committee should decide the finances that are required for organizing the reunion event. It can also decide the contributions that are supposed to come from each and every member of the family. The first and most important duty of the committee should be the proper utilization of the finances.
- Set up a committee for collecting the information and addresses of the guests. The same committee should send the invitation to everybody in the guest list. The members of this committee should contact everyone in the guest list through any kind of communication channels.
- Another committee should be made for choosing the location for the family reunion. The members of this committee should also take care of the decorations of the site such as venue decorations, buffet decoration, fixing the welcome tables etc.
- Food is one of the most important factors of a family reunion party. Good food makes it a wonderful party. You should set up one committee for taking care of the food department in the reunion function. This committee should decide whether to set up cooks at the event location or arranging a buffet dinner by contacting a nice restaurant. The committee people should be well informed about different kind of dishes and should make sure that the party food represents taste and variety.