You may have seen nice and smooth lips in the advertisements of multinational lipstick companies and you may have wished for such smooth lips. A lot of people think advertising exaggerates things up to such an extent that it can’t be a reality but whether you agree with it or not, smooth lips are a reality. You may have known about exfoliating of the body skin regularly to make it smooth and plain. Majority of fashion conscious people may try skin exfoliation but lot of people are not aware of the process called ‘Lips exfoliation”. Lips exfoliation is done for achieving great smooth lips which naturally increases the standard of one’s appearance. There are many methods used for exfoliating the lips. Sugar based scrubbing, tooth brush scrubbing, baking soda method are some of them. Read on the article to know more about exfoliating lips.
How To Exfoliate Your Lips
- You can do this lips exfoliating exercise with the help of an old tooth brush, but with soft and straight bristles.
- Take your old tooth brush and put some petroleum jelly on it.
- Rub your lips with this toothbrush gently in circular motions.
- Leave on the petroleum jelly on your lips for rehydrating them.
- Take a bowl and mix a little bit of olive oil with some sugar. You can add more sugar and oil to make more quantity of paste. The only requirement in this step is that consistency of the mixture to be pasty should be similar to that of a paste.
- Rub the mixture gently on the lips with a soft cloth. Massage the lips in circular motions. The more you rub in the mixture, the more your lips will exfoliate.
- Rinse the mixture of sugar and olive oil with warm water. It will not be dangerous even if you swallow a little bit scrub because the ingredients of the mixture are non toxic.
- In the final stage, put a lip balm on your lips to rehydrate your sensitive skin. Your lips would feel smooth and soft after a few minutes.
Baking Soda Method
- This is a simple lips exfoliate exercise which you can do using baking soda. Take some baking soda and mix it well with water to form a gritty paste.
- As you did in the tooth brush method, get an old tooth brush of yours and rub the paste across your lips in circular motions.
- Rinse off your lips after rubbing your lips properly
- Baking soda and water can’t moisture the lips. Thus, you need to apply a moisturizing balm on your lips after cleaning them.
A Few Tips
- Honey is a good moisturizer for lips. You can apply honey to your lips after doing any of these lips exfoliate exercises. You should moisturize your lips if you want to maintain soft lips.
- Cinnamon can act as a natural lip plumber if you add it to these mixtures mentioned above but you should use cinnamon in a limit because excessive amount of cinnamon may irritate and chap your lips.
- You can plump up your lips by using a lip gloss that inflates the lips. It may make a tingling sensation on your lips for some time but it works.
- You should do these lipexfoliating exercises with ultimate care. Scrubbing too hard can damage your lips. There is high possibility for them to get chapped.
- Be gentle with your lips. Scrubbing too hard or for too long will leave them sore and chapped.