Eucalyptus oil, as the name suggests, is derived from eucalyptustree, which is native to Australia, but cultivated throughout the world. Having a clear and thin appearance, the oil has been known for its cooling and soothing properties. It has a soft earthy aroma and is utilized in a wide variety of uses, broadly categorized into medicinal uses, perfumery uses and industrial uses. In case you also want to explore the various uses of eucalyptus oil, the information given below will surely prove to be useful for you.
Different Uses Of Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus oil can be used for making an antiseptic gargle. Just add a few drops of oil to a glass of warm water and reap the benefits.
- If you are suffering from croup and other spasmodic throat problems, apply eucalyptus oil externally and massage lightly. You will experience relief soon.
- Mix together a few drops of catheter oil and eucalyptus oil and use the solution to lubricate and sterilize urethral catheters.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of 100% eucalyptus oil and some dishwashing liquid. Shake it gently. Now, dilute the mixture in a bucket of water and use on laminex surfaces.
- In a liter (quart) of water, put 50 ml (1.6 oz) of eucalyptus oil. Mix well. Your very own general disinfectant, especially for toilets, is ready.
- Adding 1-2 tsp of eucalyptus oil to your regular load of washing can go a long way in adding a fresh scent to your clothes, apart from providing anti-microbial benefits.
- In case you have, somehow, soiled your clothes with paint, grease and ink, dip a cotton ball in pure eucalyptus oil and dab it on the affected area.
- Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your hanging car air freshener will help revive it.
- Put half a teaspoon of eucalyptus in half a liter of water. Mix well and spray on plants, as a bug repellant.
- In 2 cups of water, put 15 drops of eucalyptus oil and half a teaspoon of vodka. Pour in an atomizer/spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
- If case you are suffering from bronchitis, inhale steam of boiling water, to which a few drops of eucalyptus oil have been added.
- If you have injured yourself, apply eucalyptus oil on the wound, with the help of a cotton ball. It will help prevent infection.
- Mix 3 drops of eucalyptus oil in 2 teaspoons of carrier oil. Now, apply this on your chest, as a rub with decongestant properties.
- For removing sticker/decal residue from glass, pour neat eucalyptus oil on it. Leave for a few second and scrub off.
- Mix 2 drops of eucalyptus oil, 2 drops of Roman chamomile and 2 drops of lavender. Now, add 2 tsp of carrier oil and use it to soothe tensed muscles.
- Eucalyptus oil can be used to clean stainless steel items. Damp a soft cloth with a few drops of the oil and use it to rub the stainless steel items. They will be shining within no time.