Imagine a birthday party without cake. Can you? No? I guessed so. It is next to impossible to have a birthday bash without cake. In fact, many a times, we go to a party simply to enjoy those melting moments. If truth is to be told, no party is complete without a cake. The aspiring prospects come to a halt, when some people refuse to have cake just because it contains egg and others think that eggless cake is tasteless. Let people enjoy with their own piece of cake, but if you have an aversion to eggs, then this article is meant for you. Eggless cake is very easy to make and tastes really good. Given here are two quick and easy recipes for Eggless cake that will help you know, how to make the delicious dessert.
How To Make Eggless Cake
- 200 grams Condensed Milk
- 140 grams (5 oz) Self-raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Soda Bi-carb
- 60 ml Melted Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 75 ml Water
- To start with, take the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a bowl. Sieve them collectively.
- Add flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and water in a bowl. Beat the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin of 150 mm (6") diameter.
- Keep the tin for baking in an oven, set at 200 degree C, for 10 minutes. Afterwards, reduce the temperature to 150 degree C and bake the cake for another 10 minutes.
- When the cake leaves the sides of tin and becomes quite spongy, it is ready.
- Remove the tin from the oven and allow it to rest for one minute. Invert the tin over a slab and tap sharply, to take out the cake.
- Let the cake to cool down a bit. Keep it in a plate and garnish, if you want. The eggless cake is ready to serve.
- 1½ cups Brown Sugar
- 1½ tsp Cardamom
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 cup Orange Rind
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Margarine
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Ginger Paste
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and sift them together.
- In a pan, put brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg powder, hot water, raisins, cashew nuts, orange rind, salt, margarine and ginger paste. Mix well.
- Place the pan on flame and bring to a boil. Now, let it keep on boiling for the next 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let the mixture cool down. Thereafter, add flour, in small quantities. Make sure to stir the mixture constantly.
- Keep on stirring the mixture till it becomes smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture in a greased tin and bake in an oven, preheated at 180oC, for 1 hour.