While some people religiously hit the gymnasium for a workout, it is not really possible for a lot many others to do the same due to varied reasons. This could happen due to financial reason, commuting problem and so on. But this does not mean that one stops taking care of one’s health and fitness and not workout. Unlike some, it is again not possible for all to set up a mini gym in their home. So to pull you out of this fix, we have here some easy workouts / exercises that can be performed any time at home.
Some Easy At-Home Exercises for You
Walking, jogging or running happens to be the simplest and cheapest kind of cardiovascular workout. This can be done in the neighborhood parks, along neighborhood lanes or within the compound of one’s own house if it is spacious.
- Walking briskly for 15 to 20 minutes is the best way one can initiate exercising.
- It is tremendously convenient compared to other home workouts.
- Trick is to begin slowly and then steadily increase the stride and fasten pace.
- If you have a walking partner, he /she will keep you motivated.
Those who have a pool at home can take up swimming, which is a fabulous exercise / workout to keep the body fit and healthy. Benefits of swimming are -
- It involves all important body muscles.
- It is a no-impact and is very effective for the recovery of injury
Wall Push-Ups for the Chest
This is an effective home workout for the chest.
- Stand facing a wall with your feet one to two feet away from it. How far you have to stand from the wall will depend on your height. But make sure it is a comfortable distance.
- Now place both your hands about shoulder width apart on the wall infront. The arms should be at the level of your shoulder.
- Incline / bend towards the wall by bending only your elbows. When you have lowered yourself forward towards the wall, then push yourself back to the standing position by straightening your hand.
- Throughout the process, keep your body stiff and straight.
Standing Rows Home Exercise for the Back
This back workout is to be done from a standing position.
- Loop a towel around a straight pole (or any other fixed object). The ends of the towel encircling the pole should be pointing towards you.
- Now place your feet very near the pole and incline your body backwards by holding firmly the towel ends.
- Keep body stiff and straight.
- Now pull yourself back straight to the original position. This will create pressure on the back during movement.
- Keep the back arched and row with your back.
Squats for the Legs
Squat happens to be a great at home exercise.
- Position feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your torso straight. There should be a slight arch in your lower back.
- Now begin movement by bending the knees.
- Lower your body / go down only till you feel comfortable. If you are able to lower yourself till both your thighs stand horizontally parallel, do so.
- Now using the power in your legs, push yourself steadily back up to the starting / original position.
- Initially one can opt to use a bar to grip while doing this exercise for balance.
- Stop using the bar when you get stronger with squats.
Crunches for the Abs
- Lie down flat on your back. Your knees should be bent and your feet placed comfortably on the floor.
- You can choose to hold clasp your hands either on your chest or behind your head. Just make sure that you do not pull on your head.
- In the simple crunch, you are instructed to just roll the upper torso upward.
- To boost effectiveness of crunch exercise, you can instead push your chest and head up towards the ceiling keeping your lower back flat onto the floor.
- Hold for few seconds at the top of the movement and squeeze hard.