Life is all about those first impressions and the ones that follow! You never really get a second chance with first impressions, and your dressing sense or the lack of it has a lot to do with what people think about you. The ‘dress factor’, like in a job interview, plays a pivotal role when it comes to your dates with the opposite sex. The need and pressure to look good and dress well gains a lot of significance when you’re on a casual date, and all the more when you’re on your first. It can create both positive and negative impressions in the mind of the other person. When getting ready for a casual date, it’s extremely important to achieve a sense of balance. It’s equally important to keep it casual, you’re on a casual date after all. You don’t want to be caught wearing your favorite business suit on a date in your neighborhood coffee shop – Wouldn’t that be more than just dorky? Take the time and read on to gain familiarity with tips on dressing right for a casual date.
How To Dress Right For A Casual Date
- Before zeroing in on the right clothes to wear, it is important to know where your date is taking you or where you’re taking your date. It may make sense to wear a casual tee and a pair of jeans if you’re heading out to get coffee, but then the same clothes may not do justice to a dinner date. Ask your partner to give you details and dress accordingly. Always use your sense of discretion when dressing up for a date.
- Keep it simple, yet stylish! Sometimes less is more, that’s just another one of life’s million mysteries. The ‘less is more’ phenomenon is best put to the test when choosing clothes for a casual date. Looking less dressy will only increase your chances of making a good impression on your date. However, this doesn’t mean you show up for the date in your pyjamas. As mentioned before, strike that perfect balance between formal and casual dressing, don’t lean more towards either. The middle path is the way to go!
- Cleanliness and neatness is a must. There really are no two ways about it. Wearing a pair of dirty trousers or a top that can give your date clues on what you had for breakfast or lunch is as good as stabbing your chances of romance with a cold steel knife. Also, keep it neat. Crumpled shirts and trousers are bad news; you don’t want to look like ‘something the cat dragged in’! When on date, strive to maintain a look that’s fresh, clean and neat.
- When we talk colors, we’re basically talking the lack of it. Neutral colors are your safest bet, especially if you’re a man. An extreme display of colors is just not going to result in the desired effects! Remember, dressing up like a peacock on dates will not help you find your dream woman. If you’re a woman, you’re allowed a little color, but going overboard can be suicidal. No self-respecting man would want to date a woman who looks like the cover of a Pink Floyd album.
- Lastly, focus on comfort. Don’t compromise on comfort for fashion, you may only end up looking like a disaster. For example: You may want to wear a pair of super skinny jeans, but then they aren’t really comfortable. So, if you choose to wear skinny jeans, you’ll be compromising on comfort and that’s not something you would want to do. Also, if you’re a woman, try not to show too much skin, you will only be sending across the wrong kind of vibes to your date.