Do you want to buy an old Bolex-H 16 spring wound 16 mm camera to make your first short film? For searching for these kinds of antique cameras, you would need to actually scour the whole souk, not only of your area but that of neighboring areas as well. And, fair chances are that you wouldn’t get these cameras after even a treasure hunt of many days. However, one way by which you may get your most sought after item is through online websites. Online sites are probably the best ways to get antique camera or, for that matter any kind of commodities, which you are less likely to find in your neighboring shops. With one click, you can buy any kind of antique or latest things and that too from the comfort of your home. However, for doing a best purchase, with zero tension, you need to know certain things about online shopping. Although online shopping is considered as an easy and convenient way of purchasing goods, it is not considered the safest option. There are umpteen numbers of online shops to get any kind of product, sitting in your home. At the same time, it is not easy to distinguish between safe sites and spam sites. You need very thorough knowledge about the internet and its usage before you go for online shopping. The future of online shopping is bright because it allows its consumers enough time and space to select their favorite item and that too from the sea of options. Read on the article to know more about the dos and don’ts of online shopping.
Online Shopping Dos and Don’ts
Dos Of Online Shopping
- You must make sure that the organization, which offers the product, is legitimate and well established. It is better to check for contact numbers and email address through which you can contact the person directly. Confirm that their payments transactions involve shielding the customer’s credit cards and details.
- Web money transactions sites such as Pay Pal will be very safe in online transactions because they do not reveal any of the customer’s credit card or bank account information. Encryption process is very important to ensuring secure online purchases. Encryption can code your personal and financial data after you press the payment submit button. Websites that use encryption will always display closed lock or a key in the web browser. Check whether payment site address starts with https: or not. The ‘s’ in the ‘https:’ denotes ‘secured’.
- Be careful about the internet fraud and identity theft. There are bah zillion illegitimate companies that send emails offering products at a very low price. Avoid these spammers and those who try to steal your financial information. Get strong anti-virus software for your computer.
- Check your new purchase properly as soon as it arrives and check your credit card statement. Print your receipts for proof.
Don’ts Of Online Shopping
- Don't buy products from an online retailer who does not provide a telephone number or a physical contact address.
- Don't store your credit card information on the computer because hackers can easily steal them.
- You shouldn’t send your financial information or personal information in any email you send to the sellers. Don’t respond to the emails which request your financial identification.
- Using a money wire transfer or debit card for online shopping is a not a good idea because the money will go directly into the merchant's account. If the product is damaged, it would be difficult for you to get the money back. A pre-loaded credit card is a good option for online shopping because the consumer can easily dispute fraudulent charges.