Desserts are, undoubtedly, the most eagerly waited part of any meal. Tempting desserts make it extremely difficult not to gorge upon them, especially where kids are concerned. Children can be extremely choosy about what they eat, and this may be the case even when it comes to desserts. Increasing consciousness about the health of children is also one of the factors which need to chip in, while deciding dessert recipes for kids. In other words, desserts for kids should be nutritious and in accordance to their tastes. Explore the article to find some highly nutritious and easy to make dessert recipes for kids.
Easy Dessert Recipes For Kids
- 1½ cups Prune Juice
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 5 medium Apples (peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3/4 cup Pitted Prunes (quartered)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- Pour prune juice in a medium-sized saucepan and place it on medium heat. Bring the prune juice to boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until it is thickened and reduced.
- Mix honey, cornstarch mixture, butter, cinnamon and cloves and stir into the juice. Cook and keep stirring the mixture until it becomes thick. Set this sauce mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375 degrees F. Stir in apples and prune mixture in the sauce mixture. Now, pour it into a baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl. Mix butter, using your fingers and continue till the mixture begins to appear like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle it over apple-prune mixture, in the baking dish.
- Bake for a period of 30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (semisweet)
- 2 1/2cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar and stir well.
- Add eggs, corn syrup, water and vanilla essence to the butter mixture and mix the ingredients well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt together and add it to the creamed mixture. Now, add chocolate chips and assimilate them well.
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture on a cookie sheet, in the desired shape. Make sure that you keep a space of 2 to 3 inches between each cookie as you drop the mixture.
- Bake the cookies at a temperature of 375 degree F, for a period of 15-20 minutes. The cookies are ready to be served!