The word “dating” itself fills excitement in our life. We always look forward to date the opposite sex. It gives an awesome feeling and a great experience to both teenagers and adults. On a date, both the partners try their best to be friendly and make each other quite comfortable. At the same time, date provides us the chance to judge as to whether or not is the other person right for us. While dating itself is special, the activity becomes all the more special when you get a chance to date the person you liked at the very first sight. Casting a positive impression on him/her is the major key to make the date successful. To establish this, you need to take care of dating etiquettes. Irrespective of whether you are a man or woman, dating etiquettes need to be followed religiously by all to make the date an exciting one. Etiquette just does not mean greeting the person with a smile or opening the door for the lady. Everything, right from how you approach the person to how you dress up on the date, counts. Just like a man is expected to be chivalrous while on a date, so is a woman expected to be docile and decent. A woman needs to know how to react in different situations. Men get really impressed if women have a positive approach. Remember, a sweet, earnest smile would go a long way in wooing the man of your dreams rather than a dull, frowning face. To get everything right for your date, we have listed some dating etiquettes especially for women. Make these a part of your personality and go ahead, win the man!
Basic Dating Etiquettes For Women
- Women, generally, take a lot of time in getting ready for a date and as such, often end up reaching late. Punctuality is the first way to impress the man of your dreams. So, always be on time, lest you rub the man at the wrong end at the very first minute.
- Always be confident about yourself. It is one of the most important factors for a successful date. Nervousness had spoiled many dates. Remember the person you are dating must also be feeling nervous; it’s your duty to make the environment easy and comfortable. Do not think about your flaws and project yourself strong in front of your date. However, don’t go overboard. Remember that being confident does not mean you make the other person weak.
- No matter how the other people around you are behaving, you should have your self control and be in the best of behavior. Pay great attention to the needs of your date and respond in the correct way. Don’t get distracted by what’s happening around.
- Talk politely to your date and respect him. That does not imply you keep on jabbering, without letting the other person say a word. Instead, have a balanced communication. Listening is also a significant part of communication.
- Never bore your current dating partner with the stories about your ex. Also, never compare the one you are dating with your previous partners. Remember, each of us is an individual and you should respect his individuality. If in case he inquires about your ex, try to give in minor details and end the topic, especially if it your first date.
- Just like the code of conduct, the code of dressing should also be followed while on a date. Wear the clothes which make you feel comfortable and pep up your confidence levels. Agreed, most of you want to look beautiful and sexy on the dates. As such, you end up wearing tight and skinny clothes. But remember, the more uncomfortable your clothes are, the lesser confident you would be.
- Let the natural flow of the conversation dictate the date. Never force or dominate the conversation. If the two of you are finding it hard to strike up a conversation, make the ambience a comfortable one by asking him about his hobbies, likes and dislikes. This way, not only would you start off with a conversation, but also get to know each other better.
- If in case you don’t like your date, don’t let the same reflect on your face. Instead, be respectful and continue the date till the end. Never rush to leave the date then and there. If asked for a second date, very politely tell the person that you had a nice time with him, but are unable to connect with him.
- Never give or ask any personal information while dating online. Since you are in a virtual world of the World Wide Web, it is better not to reveal any personal data, lest the other person might end up misusing the same.
- If you are not interested in a person anymore, do not answer any conversation made by him online. It is best to be silent on the internet. Failure of the response will automatically indicate your decision to the other person.
- The advantage of online dating is that you can easily break-up whenever you feel like by just sending a mail saying that you don’t find any connection with that particular person. But be polite and respectful in your writings.
- Never mislead any one or play with anyone’s emotion. If you really feel for the person, only then carry on the online date. Never crack cheap and rude jokes as it might hurt the one you are dating online.
- Before changing your relationship status online, always meet your online date in person.
Adhere to these dating etiquettes and make your date a successful one. Who knows, your man might just be bowled over by your demeanor and fall for you straight away?