Do you know the benefits of smiling? Smiling goes a long way to reduce stress levels as well as increases how attractive you look. People around you will be pleased with you and you will radiate warmth. However, your smile could be ruined when you have chapped lips. Cracked lips can cause pain and discomfort, apart from detracting from your looks. It will also cause a degree of embarrassment since it causes one to be noticed for the wrong reasons. Cracked lips can be caused when the natural oils that protect the lips are affected due to natural reasons like weather, or in some cases due to illness and neglect. This is a common problem, and a few simple remedies can go a long way to aid in getting back smooth, soft, kissable lips again.
Remedies For Chapped Lips
- Shea butter is very hepful in healing cracked lips. Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, E, and F and It nourishes and heals lips. You could try mixing it with a little beeswax to get better results.
- Clarified butter or ghee helps cracked lips, heal quickly, and will keep the skin smooth and soft.
- Revive the pink tint of your lips by making good use of rose petals. Soak a few rose petals in milk for a few hours. Make a paste of these petals and apply them on your lips. An alternative for milk is glycerin, which gives similar results.
- Applying a mixture of milk cream and a few drops of beetroot juice or pomegranate juice is also known to heal dry chapped lips and restore the pink color.
- Aloe Vera gel is an excellent option to treat all types of skin conditions. It is also just as good for cracked lips and can heal them very quickly.
- Lips are the first part of the human body to show signs of dehydration by cracking. Therefore, be sure to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day. This will help hydrate not just your lips, but also your entire body.
- There are numerous choices of lip balms and brands of petroleum jelly in the market. These can be used to effectively heal dry or cracked lips and will also prevent constant licking of lips.
- Different oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil are very effective and can work wonders.
- Honey contains sugar crystals that exfoliate the skin of the lips and the honey itself hydrates lips. Add a drop of lemon juice to two drops of honey and apply on your lips to get smooth, pink, beautiful lips.
- Cucumber slices seems to be a universal beauty remedy. Rubbing a slice of cucumber on your lips will help them heal faster than you can imagine.
- One of the best things that you can do is to pay attention to your diet. If you suffer from vitamin deficiencies, you will find that your skin, including your lips, will look dry and flaky. Ensure you have a diet rich in vitamin A. In addition, ensure that you have a balanced diet.