Salad forms an important part of a balanced diet, even though most of the people tend to remember it only when planning a five-course meal. In fact, unless and until there are guests coming home for lunch or dinner, many of us don't even consider making a salad, complete with the dressing and all. In case you are an exception and like to try new salads every now and then, this article will surely delight you. In the following lines, we have detailed three recipes for cucumber dill salad. Go through then and try each one out.
How To Make Cucumber Dill Salad
Cucumber & Dill Salad
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small bunch Fresh Dill (or 1 tsp dried dill)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- First of all, you will need to cut cucumber into thick slices. Now, cut each of the thick slices into thin strips.
- Keep all the cucumber strips in a large salad bowl and set aside for sometime.
- Take a small bowl and put the yogurt and lemon juice in. Beat well, till it attains a smooth consistency.
- Crush garlic and add to the yoghurt-lemon mixture.
- Now, peel the onion and grate into the yogurt mixture.
- With the exception of one sprig, chop the fresh dill.
- Add salt, pepper and dill to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture over cucumber and garnish with the dill sprig.
Cucumber 'N Dill Pasta Salad
- 2 cups Uncooked Dried Corkscrew or Twist Pasta
- 2 medium Cucumbers, sliced and cut in half
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill Weed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Following the instructions given on the pasta package, cook it well.
- Drain the paste and rinse it with cold water.
- Put the pasta in a large bowl and add cucumbers slices, cherry tomatoes and chopped onion.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and put sour cream, skim milk, fresh dill weed, pepper, salt and vinegar in it.
- Mix the ingredients well and you have the dressing for the salad ready.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Dilled Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 cup Reduced Calorie Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 medium Cucumbers
- Put the sour cream, milk, dill weed and salt in a medium bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Slice cucumbers and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator, until ready to serve