Imagine a cocktail party without the presence of lip-smacking snacks to complement the drinks! Sounds absurd, isn’t it? A cocktail party is all about chilled drinks, soft numbers, dim lights and of course, delectable food. Adding some spicy, sizzling appetizers to accompany your cocktails is a great way to complete the celebrations. The cocktail party appetizers perfectly complement the luscious food, tantalizing drinks and soft music, thereby completing the sheer enjoyment of the festivity. In case you are throwing a cocktail party for your friends this weekend and looking for some interesting appetizers recipes that are both high on taste and easy to prepare, this is the right place for you. Given below are some easy appetizers recipes to make your cocktail party a hit.
Easy Cocktail Party Appetizers Recipes
- 2 bunches Broccoli Tops (chopped into ½ inch pieces)
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 lb Bacon (cooked, drained & diced)
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Cook broccoli tops for about a minute or until slightly softened, and then cool them down.
- Toss together broccoli, bacon and cheese and then chill them in a refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and sugar. Refrigerate the dressing until chill.
- Add the dressing to broccoli mixture and toss to coat, just before serving.
Cream Cheese Balls
- 1 cup cooked Ham (finely chopped)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ cup Nuts (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Horseradish (prepared)
- 1 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- Pretzel Sticks
- Combine together cheese, ham, horseradish, mustard and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl and mix them well.
- Shape the mixture into ¾ inch balls and roll them in the chopped nuts. Cover and refrigerate for few hours.
- Transfer them to a serving platter and insert the pretzel sticks just before serving. Serve it chilled.
- 1 lb ground Chicken
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Garlic Clove (minced)
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp snipped Chives
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger (minced)
- Make dough out of the flour and knead it until smooth for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the dough with some flour, cover loosely with plastic wrap and keep it in room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Knead the chicken in a bowl with cabbage, cilantro, lemongrass, chives, ginger, garlic and egg and salt.
- Take a baking sheet. Line it with wax paper and dust it with flour. Take quarter of the dumpling dough and roll it to form a 12-inch rope on a lightly floured work surface. Cut the rope into 12 pieces. Roll them into balls and sprinkle with flour. Follow the same for the other three dumplings of dough.
- Now, roll the dough balls to 3½ inch rounds. Brush the excess flour off the rounds. Spoon 1 tbsp of the filling into the center of each round. Press and pleat the edges of the wrap to seal in the filling. Lift each dumpling by the pleated edge and transfer it to the baking sheet, pressing down lightly to flatten. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet and arrange half of the dumplings in the pan, with the pleated edge facing upward. Cook them over high heat, until the bottom gets slightly brown. This might take a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water to the skillet, cover and cook until water evaporates and the dumplings are cooked for about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for another minute and then transfer the dumplings to a plate.
- The yummy chicken and lemongrass dumplings are ready to serve.