Flooring is one of the most important features of a home décor. It can definitely add to or mar the entire look of your house. However, it is often seen that people pay very little attention to the flooring of their house and the task of cleaning it is very often overlooked. One of the most popular types of flooring is the ceramic one. While ceramic tiles look extremely good as flooring, they are also easy to clean and maintain. In case you have ceramic tile floor at your house and want some tips for cleaning it, this article is just perfect for you. Read on and explore the best way for cleaning ceramic tile floors.
How to Clean Ceramic Tile Floors
- Mild Dish Detergent
- Sponge/ Cleaning Cloth
- Soft Dry Cloth
- Hot Water
- Make sure that you wash your ceramic tile floor with water on a daily basis and follow it with drying it thoroughly, with a soft cloth. This helps prevents the build up of soap scum and hard water residue
- If you feel that your ceramic tiles have quite some buildup, it is advisable to use detergent-water solution. Take a gallon of hot water and add 1/4 cup of mild dish detergent to it.
- Take a non abrasive cloth or sponge and dip it in the detergent-water solution. Now, scrub the tiles with this cloth/sponge. Finally, rinse with clean water and buff with a dry soft cloth.
- For tiles that have stubborn stains or hard water buildup, bleach-water solution is the best bet. Take 2 gallons of hot water and add one quart of chlorine bleach.
- After mixing the solution, let it set for 20 minutes. Take a clean cloth or sponge and dip it in the bleach-water solution. Use this cloth/sponge to cover the tiles with the bleach and water solution.
- Let the solution sit on the tiles for somewhere around 15 minutes. By this time, the buildup must have been removed. Now, rinse the tiles thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
- After you have cleaned the tiles thoroughly, you need to maintain them also. For the purpose, rinse your tiles with water and wipe them down with a soft cloth, on a daily basis.