The concept of cigar smoking dates back to the 10th century, when indigenous inhabitants of the islands of the Caribbean Sea and Mesoamerica used to indulge in it. The first European cigar smokers were two of Columbus's crewmen, who allegedly disembarked in Cuba and took puffs of tobacco, wrapped in maize husks, in late-15th century. Today, cigar, a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco, is smoked throughout the world and relished by people across the globe. However, the art of smoking a cigar is still unknown to many. Keeping all such people in mind, we have provided a number of tips below, explaining how to smoke a cigar.
How To Smoke Cigar
- In order to smoke a cigar, the first thing that you need to do is cut it properly.
- The process of cutting a cigar is best completed with the help of a cigar cutter, especially a double guillotine one, which ensures even cutting of the edges.
- You can also use any kind of blade for cutting a cigar. However, make sure that it is sharp and does not lead to cigar having jagged edges.
- After cutting the cigar properly, it is the time to remove the ring wrapper. If you want, you can leave the wrapper on. The heat from cigar smoking will melt its glue, causing it to fall automatically.
- Next, you will have a light the cigar. For the purpose, wooden matches or butane lighters will work the best.
- If you are using a wooden match for lighting the cigar, wait for the sulfur to burn off the end. You will have to hold the flame up to the end and suck lightly with your mouth, drawing the flame to the tip of the cigar.
- In order to ensure that the cigar has lights evenly, keep rotating it around while you are applying the flame.
- Now, hold the cigar up to your mouth and draw in smoke. Do not exhale immediately. Let the smoke remain in your mouth for a few seconds and then, let it go. Inhaling cigar smoke is not a good idea.
- Repeat the above step, 1-2 times in a minute, till the time you are finished with smoking the cigar.
- If you are planning to smoke the cigar for a long time, maybe 2-3 hours, make sure to rotate it periodically. This will ensure that it burns evenly on all sides.
- After you are done with the cigar, set it aside in the ashtray. It will extinguish itself in a minute or two.