The initial years of a child are the formative one, which form the basis for his future development. It is necessary for parents to ensure that their child gets the maximum opportunities for learning and progressing. One of the main instruments that help parents further development of their child comprise of toys. A toy can help in the growth of social, motor, perceptive and sensory skills of a baby. Therefore, it is very essential for the parents to take proper care while choosing the right toys for their babies. In this article, we have provided a number of tips that will help you choose the best toys for your toddler.
Choosing the Right Toys for Your Toddler
- Buy simple and solid toys for your child. Children have the habit of throwing away their toys, banging them on the ground or against the walls, etc. A delicate toy is as good as non-existent.
- While buying a toy for your child, make sure it does not have toxic paints, sharp edges or loose parts. This is because babies usually have a habit if putting everything in their mouth.
- Almost all the toddlers love to play with the ball, since it rolls, bounces, and can be kicked too. At the same time, he will start noticing that when he throws the ball to someone, the latter throws it back. Thus, a ball will help him develop social skills.
- Toy telephone is another play thing that helps in the development of a child’s social skills. It will help him develop the art of conversation.
- Try to develop the habit of reading in your child by buying him storybooks. At this stage, he will not be able to read them. Buy books that have colorful pictures, so that he is attracted to turn the pages. As he starts growing, there is a strong possibility of his reading the same books with interest.
- Toddlers love the toys that contain levers, push buttons, dials, hinges, etc, in short something they can finger. Try to buy toys that require the child to do something on his own, even if it’s pressing a button.
- Building blocks are something almost every child loves to play with. While buying the blocks, make sure that they are made of light material and do not have sharp edges.
- Push-pull toys, especially the ones that make noise while moving are very much liked by toddlers.