Chicken! There would be very few non-vegetarian people who would not love it. The love of chicken is universal. The chicken lovers keep on searching some new dishes to cook and what better way to add cashews to chicken. The aroma of cashew chicken recipe can be tranquillizing to the taste buds. The best part about cashew chicken is that it can be cooked in very less time and is very healthy. So what are you waiting for? Read on to know the cashew chicken recipe in details. Go through the following lines to get various recipes of cashew chicken.
How To Make Cashew Chicken
- 8 ounces (225 g) boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg white Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon salt Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour) Marinade:
- 5 fluid ounces (150 ml) cooking oil (vegetable or peanut)
- 2 ounces (50 grams) cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, finely chopped as garnish (if desired)
- Mix everything else other than chicken and make a marinade. After you have made the marinade, you can add it to the chicken pieces adding the cornstarch in the last.
- Keep the chicken in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for thirty minutes. Now mix soy sauce and dry sherry together and keep it aside for later use.
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil to it. Stir fry the chicken pieces on medium heat and fry for fifteen minutes. now take it out from the flame and keep aside.
- Now add one table spoon oil to the pan and let it heat. Now add the cashews and fry them for one minute.
- You can add the chicken pieces and the soy sauce and dry sherry mixture into the pan.
- Cook for about two minutes and garnish it with spring onions. Serve it hot.
- Chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1½ pounds
- Thinly sliced green onions, 2
- Toasted unsalted cashew, 2/3 cup
- Minced fresh ginger root, 2 tsp
- Chopped garlic, 2 cloves
- Cornstarch, 3½ tsp
- Rice vinegar, 1tbsp
- Soy sauce, 2 tbsp
- Chicken broth, ½ cup
- Dry sherry, 2 tbsp
- Sugar, 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil, 3 tbsp
- Mix chicken with 1½ teaspoons cornstarch, ginger root, sherry, and salt and let it marinate for half an hour by keeping it in a refrigerator.
- Now blend chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and sugar in another bowl and keep aside.
- Now take a frying pan with heavy bottom and heat oil in it. Fry chicken until it gets golden and transfer it to the plate.
- Now add one spoon of oil again and add garlic, sliced onions and cashews to it.
- Cook for two minutes, add in the broth mix and simmer until it thickens .
- Now serve it hot with rice.
- Boneless chicken breast, 1½ pound
- Broccoli, 1 pound
- Sliced green onions, ½ cup
- Coarsely chopped cashews, 1½ cup
- Crushed and finely chopped garlic, 1 clove
- Freshly grated ginger, ¾ tsp
- Soy sauce, ¼ cup
- Sherry, 1½ tbsp
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and keep aside for ten minutes.
- Now cut broccoli florets and diagonally slice stalks and steam it until it gets tender. Rinse under cold water.
- Ina pan, add four table spoon of oil and add garlic, sliced onions and cashew to it.
- Stir fry for a few minutes on medium flame and transfer them in a bowl.
- Now add another spoon of oil to the pan and cook chicken in it until it gets cooked.
- Add in the cashew mixture and serve hot.