Hair color is the new fashion funda in the realm of hair styling. People are becoming more and more experimental and trying out the undiscovered possibilities provided by the trend. Hair coloring has become quite popular amongst all age groups. As for the youth it gives them an opportunity to reinvent their hidden identities, by trying new looks. On the other hand, the older ones are happy to find a substitute for covering the grey hair. However, though hair coloring is the most popular style statement nowadays, it should be noted that the glamorous look only lasts when properly taken care of. Colored hair becomes very sensitive and requires immense care. It is also highly prone to dryness, coarseness, split ends, and fading. Thus, for caring for the color treated hair, read the tips given below.
How to Care for Color Treated Hair
- Do not wash your hair too frequently, as it will wash out the color very quickly.
- Always use a shampoos especially meant for colored hair, as they are designed especially for the purpose and do not strip away color from your hair that fast.
- To maintain the luster of your hair, make sure to apply a good conditioner every time you wash your hair. This will not only prevent your hair from becoming dry, but will also moisturize it, securing the color.
- A good option to get that sheen in your hair is to go for a deep conditioning, atleast once a week. Hair oil treatments, or especially designed deep conditioning creams, can be used for the same. For a long lasting effect, apply conditioner in your hair and wrap a warm towel around it to let it seep into your hair.
- Those, who spend a lot of time outdoors, should always wear a hat or a scarf to save their hair from the harmful rays of the sun. This is because sun not only dries your hair but also fades the color. As an alternative, use leave-in conditioners on your hair, when stepping out. They contain sunscreen, which will guard against the damaging effects of the sun.
- One should always use color enhancing conditioners, which help in keeping the color intact and even help in blending it in root areas.
- Do not use a brush for colored hair, as it tends to break hair much more. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb, which will even check the occurrence of split ends.
- Colored hair should be air dried rather than blow dried, as it saves it from damage and breakage.