Going on a camping trip is one of the best ways to commune with nature. It helps you stay connected with the natural splendor that surrounds you, in turn making you discover total harmony within yourself. At the same time, it serves as the perfect ground for you to prepare for an independent life, away from the comforts of your home. Right from setting up the camp to preparing food, there is so much that you need to do on your own, while on a camping trip. Talking about camping food, you need to be aware of how to prepare all the three meals of the day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The easy camping breakfast recipes given here will come handy for preparing the first meal of the day.
Easy Camping Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Campfire French Toast
- Eggs (1 egg per 2 pieces of bread)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, beat together all the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- In a frying pan, put some oil and place it on the fire.
- Now, take a slice of bread and dip it in the beaten eggs, making sure to cover both the sides.
- Put the bread slice in hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- 12 Eggs
- 2 cans Pre-cooked Potatoes, diced or sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 can Ham, diced
- 2 tbsp Shortening
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, put the shortening and heat it well.
- Now, add potatoes and onions and sauté.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs and milk, in a bowl.
- Add the egg-milk mixture, along with diced meat, to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook, stirring frequently, till the dish is almost dry.
- 1 lb Beef, ground
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1-3 tsp Ground Red Pepper, to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 large Potato, shredded with grater
- Vegetable Oil (optional)
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, put some vegetable oil and heat it.
- Put meat and onion in the skillet and season with spices. Cook till brown.
- Add potato to the meat mixture, stirring throughout.
- When potatoes turn brown, mix in beaten eggs.
- Cook the mixture, stirring continuously, till the eggs are done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 Loaf of Bread
- 1 can Pie Filling (your favorite)
- Pie Irons
- Cut two slices of bread from the loaf.
- With the help of knife, spread butter on one side of both the slices.
- Put one of the slices, butter side down, in the pie iron.
- On top of the slice, put three tablespoons of your favorite pie filling.
- Place the second bread slice on top of the filling, butter side up.
- Now, close the pie iron and put it in the fire.
- Place the pie iron in the fire for about four minutes, making sure to turn the side every three seconds.
- Remove from pie iron and serve hot!