Brown bread, brown bread and more brown bread! Wouldn’t life seem like a not-so-distant plateau of monotony if yours is ‘burdened’ with an abundance of brown bread, or would it? Brown bread in the morning, brown bread in the evening and brown bread at night, would a diet like this make it seem like your consumption of nutrition is as tedious as a lecture on the history of the world? It surely wouldn’t, because with brown bread, depending on your willingness, you can put together some of the tastiest dishes. Bread, is almost always consumed, in its whitest and most refined form. Nevertheless, with issues of health creeping up every now and then, whole wheat bread managed to make itself the bread of choice for many overtly health conscious individuals. If you are planning on blending taste and brown bread together, here’s how you can do so. Read on to come across three very unique recipes that can make brown bread seem like the tastiest thing known to mankind!
- 85 g Bread Crumbs (made from brown bread)
- 85 g Granulated Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 425 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Rum
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- It’s pretty simple! Start off by spreading the crumbs on a small baking tray. Toast the crumbs in an oven until they turn golden brown. To prevent the crumbs from burning, you can toss them around. Once ready, wait until the crumbs cool down.
- Proceed to place the granulated sugar into a small pan. Pour the water into the same pan and heat until the sugar melts. If sugar sticks to the pan, add a little water and scrape away with a pastry brush. Heat sugar until it caramelizes.
- Add the caramel to the toasted crumbs and stir. Be quick to add the crumbs to a clean baking tray. It won’t be long before the crumbs harden. Once they do, add the hardened crumbs to a coffee grinder and grind to a coarse powder. Alternately, you can use a pestle and a mortar.
- Now whip the cream until it turns really soft and then add the icing sugar. You can also add the rum and vanilla to the cream. Add the powdered bread crumbs to the cream, mix and pour the mixture into a covered freezer-proof container. Freeze until the mixture gets stiff. Your ice-cream is ready; permit it to soften before serving!
Nutty Brown Bread Delight
You Will Need
- ¾ cup Dried Fruits
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Nuts (of your choice)
- Brown Bread Slices (a few)
- You can begin getting this sandwich together by first finely chopping the dried fruits and then going ahead and chopping the nuts.
- Once done with the chopping, you can go ahead and add the nuts to a bowl. To this very bowl, you can also add the mayonnaise.
- Once you add the mayonnaise, make it a point to stir the mixture. Your spread is ready. You can apply this onto just as many slices of brown bread as you desire.
You Will Need
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 5 Spring Onions (chopped)
- A stalk of Celery (chopped)
- 5 Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cheese (grated)
- You can start off putting this delightful sandwich together by heating the olive oil in a non-sticky pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add the butter to it. This will prevent the butter from getting burnt.
- Proceed to add the garlic to the oil and butter and sauté. Once the garlic browns, you can add the spring onions, celery and mushrooms to the pan. Stir fry until everything seems cooked.
- Add the chili powder, salt and pepper to the vegetables. Continue to sauté for a minute or so. Once done, take the pan off the heat and divide its contents into equal portions.
- Add these portions to your slices of brown bread while also sprinkling some grated cheese onto each portion.
Just like that, three great brown bread recipes for you. Now, no more will brown bread seem as boring and bad tasting as people falsely consider it to be. Brown bread’s here to stay and never went anywhere anyway.