With the waistlines of people increasing with the passing time, and little or no time for exercise, following a healthy and low-calorie diet seems to be the only option that has been left over. In this context, salads serve as one of the preferred choices of food, especially when it comes to snacks. In case you are also planning to go on a salad diet, it is very necessary to explore the different varieties available therein, so that you dot have to eat the same thing every day. In the following lines, we have detailed recipes for one of the most delicious and most nutritious salads - Broccoli Bacon Salad, just for you.
Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipes
Simple Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 4 stalks Broccoli, chopped
- ½ Red Onion, chopped (not too fine)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- Crisp Bacon
- In a mixing bowl, add together the chopped broccoli and red onion.
- Take another bowl and add the mayonnaise and vinegar in it.
- Pour the vinegar marinade over the broccoli salad.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator for half a day.
- Before serving the salad, crumble the crisp bacon on top.
Broccoli Bacon Salad With Raisins
- 4 slices Turkey Bacon
- 1 lb Broccoli Florets
- 1/3 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1 cup Red Seedless Grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Reduced-fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon till it turns crisp.
- Turn off the flame, let it cool down a bit, crumble well and then set aside.
- Place a large pot of water and then bring it to boil.
- Add broccoli florets to the water and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from flame and drain the florets well.
- Transfer the florets to a bowl of ice water, in order to stop the cooking.
- Move the florets to a bowl and add bacon, almonds, grapes, red onion and raisins.
- In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar and honey.
- Pour the mixture over the broccoli salad and combine well.
Broccoli, Bacon & Cheese Salad
- 3 cup Broccoli Florets
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Red Onion, chopped
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Take a large bowl and put broccoli, cheese, raisins, onion, bacon and sunflower seeds in it. Mix well.
- Get another bowl, smaller in size, and in it, combine together mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice, for dressing purposes.
- Keep the dressing in the refrigerator, for an hour or so.
- Before serving the salad, mix the dressing once again and pour it over the salad.
- Toss the salad well and serve.