You get up a little later than usual one morning and rush to the kitchen to rustle up a quick breakfast for your family. The children have to be sent to school and spouse to work. You know that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is important for your family to have a healthy one. A good breakfast gets you into action for the long day ahead. It is therefore imperative to have a healthy and substantial breakfast every day. Just as everybody needs a break from their daily routine, everyone needs some deviation in their daily breakfast as well. Hectic mornings do not allow you to organize an elaborate breakfast. Here are a few recipes for a breakfast casserole that will help you get a sumptuous spread ready in no time with ingredients stored in your refrigerators. These delectably healthy recipes for a breakfast casserole will undoubtedly be better options than those bland, unappetizing and time consuming health foods that you usually prepare. You will also discover that casseroles save you a lot of time and are also easy to make.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place the hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over the ham.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover. Bake for 15 minutes more or until edges are golden brown and a knife put in near the middle comes out clean.
French Toast Casserole
- 5 cups bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of the pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Dot with margarine; let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden.
Sausage And Egg Casserole
- 2 pounds sausage
- 8 slices white bread
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon of prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cube the slices of white bread, removing the crust, if desired.
- Line a 9” x13” casserole dish with bread cubes. Spread shredded cheddar on top of the bread.
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a saucepan. Drain and spread over the cheese.
- Crack eggs into medium mixing bowl and beat lightly.
- Add milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for an hour.
- This can be prepared a day ahead of time. Simply cover and refrigerate before baking.