Acne, an infection of the skin, is caused by changes in the sebaceous glands. With their onset well into the puberty years, acne is known to be one of the most troublesome and annoying skin ailments. Though acne usually develops on the face, it can also appear on other areas of the body such as the back, chest, shoulders, arms and legs. Though there is no particular cause for acne, there are a number of contributing factors, including genetics, hormonal activity and diet. The underlying causes of the problem, however, are primarily bacteria overgrowth and inflammation. “Solutions” to acne have started riding higher and higher, thus making it a chore to know which one is good and which one is a waste of money and time. Continue reading further to discover how to reduce the occurrence of acne and remedies for already existing ones.
Body Acne Solutions
- Avoid wearing tight clothes which rub against the skin. It will lead to irritation and spots, which can further lead to eruption of acne all over the body.
- Sweat stained clothing and acne are a bad combination. If you exercise, then have a shower as soon as you have finished, and wear loose, breathable clothing if possible.
- Do not ever squeeze acne or pimples as this leads to infection and worsens acne formation. It may even give you a scar for the rest of your life.
- People with acne have low blood levels of vitamin A and vitamin E. Taking a multi-vitamin daily could help prevent future breakouts. For the same reason, it is advised to supplement your diet with fresh fruits, vegetables and sprouts. Stay away from dairy products. This can aggravate acne.
- Make a thick paste with baking soda and water. Apply all over the infected areas. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Then apply light moisturizer over it.
- Make a thick paste of methi (fenugreek). Apply it over the infected areas. Let it sit there for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Apply a light moisturizer.
- Take a couple of fresh ripe tomatoes. Mash them enough to have a thick pulp of the tomatoes. Apply this paste over the infected area. Wash off with warm water and apply a light moisturizer.
- Roast and then powder a pomegranate. Make a paste of it with fresh lime juice. Apply over the affected areas and wash off with warm water.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and sandalwood. Apply it on the affected areas. Wash off with warm water.
- Take some ground nut oil. Mix it with an equal amt of fresh lime juice. Apply it to the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
- Take an egg, break it and separate the egg white from the yolk. Apply the whites to the affected area and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Mix 3 tbsp of honey with 1 tsp of cinnamon and make a paste of it.Apply this paste to the affected area and leave it over night.Wash it off the next morning.
- Neem: One of the most powerful blood purifiers and detoxifiers in Ayurveda, Neem is often used to maintain healthy skin. It therefore helps control acne quite effectively. Grind some neem leaves, and a make a powder of it. Add water to it to make a thick paste. Apply it to the infected areas and wash it off with warm water.
- Hemafine syrup: This is a herbal syrup that purifies blood and is used for all types of skin ailments.