During summer, holding the party on the beach is an excellent option to cool off. The sea and the cool breeze will ensure that you have a good time. That is why beach parties are rapidly rising up in the party circuit. Since, most people like to dig their feet in the sand or walk through the sandy shore, beach parties will always ensure that your guests have a good time without the buildup of party fatigue. But merely organizing a party on the beach will not ensure its total success. It requires that you include the foods which complement the situation. In a beach party the foods should reflect the sea and the sand. And they should also be cool and refreshing. So, you cannot include anything mindlessly that you would dish out in a normal party. For one thing the foods should be such that they keep the guests rehydrated. Also the foods should not get spoiled or dry out because of the heat. That is why meticulous planning and a certain knowledge of which types of food to include for a successful beach party is required.
Tips On Beach Party Food
- For any beach party fruits are the best. Fruits counter the heat on the beach and also prevent dehydration. Select various types of tropical fruit and then slice them. Next put them in skewers, which you can hand out to all the people in the party. It is always better if you can arrange for a cooler in the beach. Chilled fruits served on a skewer will have an added relish.
- At a beach party where the smell of the sea is in the air it is only natural that the guests would crave for fish. To satisfy them you can go in for tuna boats. These are not only eye catching but also will also prove to be a hit with the young and old alike. To make simple tuna boats take large green bell peppers and then slice them in half. Then layer each half of the pepper with mayonnaise and then fill them with tuna.
- If your beach party includes children then snacks are the best food option to keep them busy. And for a beach party the snacks should also complement the surroundings. So, you can select those snacks that signify the aspects of the sea and the beach. Like fried noodles resembling seaweeds, various types of nuts to look like pebbles, pretzel sticks to look like driftwoods, fish shaped crackers etc.
- Barbeque is another excellent beach party food idea. In this people can also have a great time cooking their favorite meats and vegetables. Hamburgers and hot dogs are very good options.
- Include a variety of salads. They are cool and refreshing and can spice up any meal. You can keep the salads in plastic sand pails and serve them using sand shovels. Keep a number of fruit salads as well.
- Sea food is a must for any beach party. Shrimps, lobsters and oysters can especially liven up the party food scene.
- Also include plenty of water and juice. Serve the guests smoothies in tiki cups.
- Put an ice cream cart so that the guests can treat themselves whenever they feel like.