Wallpaper is an inexpensive way to spruce up the looks of your bathroom. There are numerous exclusive designs and colors available in the wallpaper section for use in your bathroom. You don’t have to go through the old routine of putting glue behind wallpaper before putting it up, wallpapers nowadays come with self-adhesive tape and are almost entirely mess-free. Some of the wallpapers just require you to moisten the back side and apply it to the wall and let it dry. For application on painted walls, the walls have to be slightly sandpapered and coated with a dry wall compound before the wallpaper is applied onto the wall. Fabric-based wallpapers will provide better protection against the moisture that is present in bathrooms and it also allows greater adherence to the wall than regular paper based wallpapers. Always remember to allow enough time for the wallpaper to dry before fixing mirrors or other bathroom accessories.
Wallpaper Ideas For Bathroom
- Beige or cream colored wallpapers work well for general bathrooms; they will coordinate well with the fixtures and various light colored accessories in the bathroom. In addition to contributing a more spacious look for the bathroom, light colored wallpapers give a warm and friendly feeling which will help give a relaxed atmosphere to the bathroom.
- If you want something exclusive for your bathroom, you could opt for unique wallpapers for your bathroom ceiling; it could be installed after removing all the fixtures from the ceiling including switching of the electricity just to be safe from any mishaps that might happen.
- One could also opt for faux-style wallpapers that look like tiles and will be a lot easier to fix and clean than real tiles. You could also put the wallpaper behind cabinets and other fixtures that you intend to use in the bathroom to give it a neat and attractive look.
- Light blue and green wallpapers give a calming effect and would go well with large bathrooms and people who like to soak in the bathtub after a long day at work. If you have a small bathroom, vertical stripes on a wallpaper can make the ceiling look higher than it actually is.
- Bathroom wallpaper borders can also be used instead of covering up the whole wall with wallpaper. Contrasting borders with eye catching designs can look very appealing if used in the right place. Gold borders on neutral walls can add to the aesthetic appeal of the bathroom.
- When selecting wallpapers, choose vinyl based ones with high-moisture paste for longer life as these wallpapers can retain moisture for a considerable amount of time.
- If an entire family uses the bathroom it would be better if everyone’s opinion is taken so that a wallpaper that everyone considers neutral can be selected.
Follow these tips and you can have a fabulous looking bathroom without spending a considerable amount on redecorating your bathroom.