Bare Essentials makeup is also known as bare mineral make up, as it is made up of pure mineral compounds derived from earth. Each mineral is grounded to obtain a feather light fine powder, which when dusted onto the face, gives it a healthy base or foundation, thereby concealing irregular skin tones and flaws. The biggest advantage of using mineral makeup is that it gives you completely natural looking skin. Moreover, the bare mineral makeup contains no animal byproducts, perfumes, fillers, dyes, colorings, or other artificial impurities or additives. Thus, it is the pragmatic way to look youthful by bringing out skin’s natural brilliance.
The main ingredients used in the mineral make up are:
- Zinc Oxide - It is immensely soothing to the skin, reduces redness and provides high sunscreen protection.
- Titanium Dioxide - It is a mineral that is known for resisting absorption. Thus, it forms a protective shield over your skin, blocking out UV rays and environmental pollutants.
- Mica - It is responsible for giving bare essentials makeup its silky youthful glow.
Bare essential make up is cent percent natural, with absolutely no usage of harmful chemicals. There are no preservatives and fragrances in the make up to make it appear more appealing. Unlike conventional cosmetics and make up items, essential make up does not coat your skin with unnatural colors and you don’t need to worry about the layer of grease that causes pimples and oily spots. Mineral make up is a pure color pigment cosmetic, which is both non-comeodogenic and hypoallergenic, thus protecting your skin from all probable damages. It can even be applied by those, who have sensitive skin.
- One of the main advantages of Bare Essentials makeup is that it does not contain any preservatives. Thus, you completely avoid the possibility of unwanted breakouts, rashes or redness on your skin, a result of allergic reactions occurring from the preservatives that are used in majority of the cosmetic products.
- If you are looking towards getting soft and natural beauty, with the help of cosmetics, bare mineral make up will be the perfect option for you. While the coloring pigments in these cosmetics are as rich and bold as others (maybe even more), they tend to blend much more easily and give a natural appeal to the face, even after applying makeup.
- Majority of the cosmetics available in the market tend to use binders and fillers, to fluff up the products. They are almost as bad, if not worse, than the preservatives used in cosmetic products. These binders and fillers result in an addition of unwanted chemicals and heavy waxes to the skin. This, in turn, leads to breakouts and clogged pores.
- The colors found in mineral makeup, such as lipstick, are much more vivid and rich than the other cosmetics. The reason for this is the fact that these colors mined from the very earth. This also makes the option for shades limitless. So, you would be able to find a burnt-orange lipstick as well as peach and rose-tone blushers easily.
- The concealer, foundation, powder and blush available in mineral makeup do not lead to clogging of pores and thus, result in fewer breakouts and a glowing complexion. At the same time, the makeup is so natural that you do not need to remove it before going to bed (though it is recommended). You can wear it overnight, without worrying about clogged pores.