Every baby born is a deliberate act of God, a fresh infusion of life brought to brighten up your world with joy and love. Are you nervous or overwhelmed? Don’t worry, it is absolutely normal. Bringing a new soul into the world may not be a giant leap for all of mankind, but it certainly feels like a pretty huge step in your life! And you obviously want everything to be perfect. Decorating a baby’s bedroom can feel like a frightening prospect at the start, especially if it is your first time, but it can be an entertaining and thrilling experience. Take one step at a time and you will be surprised at how well you accomplished this job. The baby bedroom should be as comfortable a place for the baby as for you because you will be spending a lot of your time with her in that room. It will be the place where your precious infant will dream, experience new things and grow, so make it unique and extra special. Babies are fond of bright colorful life-like things like the sun, water, flowers and butterflies, so make sure that her room is as vibrant as possible. Choosing the right theme for the room is very important as it not only reflects your mindset but will also impact your baby’s development, both physical and mental. Remember, babies spend most of their time sleeping so choose a room that isn’t in the center of everyday household chaos. It is sensible to keep a CCTV, a wireless portable camera or any other sort of device in your baby’s bedroom to monitor her even during those few and far between spells when she just may have to be left unattended even if very briefly.
Baby Bedroom Decorating Ideas
Decorating a baby’s bedroom is among the happiest and most satisfying activities parents can undertake. A baby’s physical and mental development depends a lot on her sleep and surroundings. So put in extra time and effort into getting the baby’s bedroom ambience just right. Below are a few tips on doing up your baby’s bedroom without putting a hole in your wallet.
- Safety comes first. Wondering why all the fuss about safety? If you ask experienced parents, they will tell you how babies in the newborn stage are able to move much faster and farther than you imagine. So it is better to be safe than sorry. Childproofing the baby’s bedroom is the first thing that parents should remember. That includes putting cushions or sealing the corner edges of the walls and buying furniture pieces that are cozy and baby friendly. Also, it is not advisable to use a table or sturdy chest for changing in the bedroom. The safest way is a conventional changing table with a fitted low rail around the edges. This will keep the baby from rolling off.
- Don’t know whether it’s a girl or a boy? Choose general vivid themes like the underwater world, outer space, nature or just a solid multi-color theme. Think you are a good artist? Paint your abstract designs on the walls. Most of the popular cartoon characters are a big hit with children, even babies.
- Put a few soft toys and musical soft toys wherever the baby can reach them. Babies respond particularly well to music.
- You can add a mystical element to the room by putting stickers of stars and planets on the ceiling which glow in the night.
- There should be enough air circulation in your baby’s bedroom. Put nice drapes to block the sunlight during your baby’s frequent day-time naps.
- Everyone loves mirrors and so do babies. Put a mirror in the room and watch your baby do all sorts of crazy things.
- Buy a crib that meets modern safety standards. Also buy a comfortable cushioned rocking chair to complete the feel of heaven while you embrace your precious one between feeds and naps.
- It is a smart idea to buy a twin bed for those unavoidable long nights when you may need to lie down right next to her when she is unwell. Besides, your little devil will grow into that twin bed within the blink of an eye!