Has your wife failed to conceive in the last twelve months, despite your repeated attempts of love-making and enjoying unprotected intercourse? Have you started getting bouts of depression in the recent times on the pretext that your partner is unable to deliver you the ‘good news’? While your heart and mind, both may be secretly blaming your spouse for not conceiving, have you ever sat down and given yourself a close watch? Well, yes, the culprit may be you, and not your wife. Of all the couples who consult infertility specialists, in about 40% of the cases, males are responsible for the couple’s inability to bear a child, as compared to their female counterparts. Oligospermia, as it is medically known, is the low sperm count, which is the primary reason behind male infertility. Lifestyle related issues, psychological and behavioral problems, hormonal imbalances, and physical problems are the major causes of male infertility.
To be more precise, causes of male infertility include: excessive smoking, alcohol intake, degrading environment, high pollution levels, changes in food habits, and deskbound work. Testosterone deficiency, testicular trauma, exposure to radiation, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, spinal cord lesions, obesity, slow sperm movement, abnormal shape and length of sperms, keeping off from sex for prolonged durations, diabetes, thyroid, etc. are some key factors that affect male fertility negatively, on a large scale. But, with more and more people giving due recognition to Ayurveda, the problems of fertility can be attended to and cured with positive outcomes. These traditional medicines have been in use since hundreds of years. Of late, these herbal treatments have gained popularity. A leaf through the following lines will familiarize you with different Ayurvedic cures for male infertility, without any side effects.
Ayurvedic Cure for Male Infertility
This thick, tar-like substance is extremely effective in shooting up sex drive or libido levels in males. Popularly known as the Indian Viagra, this sex tonic triggers physical performance due to its restorative and rejuvenating properties, causing a decrease in the debility and fatigue levels. Moreover, it contributes to strong muscles and bones, bringing balance and harmony in the overall health of an individual.
Another excellent natural remedy for curing male infertility is Ashwagandharishta. This traditional medicine has great effective results in stabilizing metabolism levels and compelling a person to follow a proper nutritional diet, due to its digestive properties. It is been used as a natural curative for treating sexual disorders, such as oligospermia and erectile dysfunction. Apart from catering to male infertility issues, this Ayurvedic medicine is beneficial for mental disorders and neuritis.
Mucuna Pruriens (Kawach)
With significant citation in ancient Indian texts, Mucuna Pruriens is a highly useful herbal aphrodisiac for curing a number of male infertility issues. The seeds of this Indian known ‘kawach’ are the most valuable parts, though medicinal properties are found in the stems and leaves as well. Be it increasing sperm count or boosting secretion of testosterone hormone, Mucuna Pruriens has all properties to make a male sexually active and strong. Also, it is beneficial for improving ejaculation latency, lowering post ejaculatory intervals, and treating involuntary discharge of semen.
Apart from the abovementioned Ayurvedic plants, male infertility can be cured with various other Ayurvedic medicines, some of them being Abhrak Bhasma, Vishtinduk Vati, Kapikachhu, Trayodashang Guggulu, Agnitundi Vati, and Tapyadi Loha. While Ayurvedic medicines have been exceptionally successful in catering to the root cause of male infertility, there are certain home remedies that aid in offering curative results to this problem. A few of them have been listed below.
Home Remedies for Male Infertility
- Pumpkin seeds are an ancient medicine for treating infertility and improving male reproduction system. A concoction prepared from infusing a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds in a pint of boiling water, when consumed on a regular basis, makes an effective remedy.
- Garlic has largely been credited with curing numerous medical ailments. Chewing 4-5 cloves in raw form or swallowing down with water, strengthens the male reproductive system and is helpful in treating male infertility.
- A mixture prepared from boiling an ounce of astragalus in a cup of water, until reduced to half its quantity, when consumed once a day regularly, is a proven cure for male infertility.
- Ladyfinger, or okra, makes for a highly effective home remedy to make males sexually fertile. The ill effects of hormonal disturbances and aging can be defeated by consuming a concoction of 5-10 grams of ladyfinger root powder diluted in a cup of cow milk.
- Among all the home remedies for male infertility, onion is one of the easiest and effective cures. For overall increased sex drive and strong male reproductive organs, one can consume raw white onion, mixed in salads.
- Impotency in males can also be cured with Asian ginseng. This powerful herb lowers hormonal imbalance and improves healthy secretion of hormones, when taken in appropriate quantity. This, in turn, overcomes low production of healthy sperms.
Though, there are a large number of factors that lead to impotency of males, but with the right precautions and Ayurvedic cures, this medical condition can be treated, positively. All you need is a balanced diet, proper lifestyle habits, and correct medical assistance.