Bad breath is something that everybody dreads. It does not create any discomfort for you, but can mar your public life to a major extent. Imagine, you are going to kiss your girlfriend for the first time and the moment you come closer to her, she turns away. Why? Just because you had a bad breath! Not only have you spoilt that perfect date, but also made her apprehensive of coming close to you again. If you do not want this imagination to become reality, make sure that you take proper care of your teeth, tongue and mouth. To help you in avoiding bad breath, we have provided a number of tips below. Just follow them and be sure of having a clean and fresh breath at all times.
How to Avoid Bad Breath
- Most of the people do not visit a dentist till the time any major trouble occurs. The concept of regular dental check ups is something that is alien to them. However, visiting the dentist for a check up every six months is one of the best ways to avoid bad breath.
- One of the major reasons of bad breath is improper brushing of teeth. An individual should brush his teeth atleast twice daily (after getting up and before going to sleep). At the same time, he should spend atleast 5 min brushing his teeth.
- Many people do not realize that cleaning the tongue is as important as cleaning the teeth. They usually forget to clean their tongue while brushing. Plaque and bacteria grow on your tongue also, especially at the back, and you need to brush your tongue, along with your teeth.
- Flossing is something that we all know of, but only some make use of. Very often, residual food gets stuck between your teeth and in your gum line. The ultimate result is bad breath. So, you need to make sure that you floss on a daily basis.
- Using a mouthwash is a very popular method of avoiding bad breath. Make sure that you use the mouthwash on a daily basis, as a part of your brushing routine.
- Spicy food often leads to the problem of bad breath. So, try to avoid eating spicy food as much as you can. If and when you eat spicy food, remember to pop some mints or a gum into your mouth.
- Lack of water in the body might lead to bad breath. Make sure that you drink enough water throughout the day.
- Parsley is one of the food items that are considered to be good for fighting against bad breath. If you are eating something like garlic bread, which is bound to leave a bad odor in your mouth, it is better to chew on parsley after the meal is over.
- Consumption of cigarettes, coffee, onions and alcohol can result in bad breath very easily. So, try to avoid all of them as much as you can.
- Lack of salivary flow, in short dry mouth, can very often lead to a bad breath. Try to breathe through your nose as much as you can and avoid making your mouth dry and crusty.