Autumn home decoration can be a lot of fun. Beginning of the holiday season, parties, dinners and get-togethers, you have enough reasons to give your house a new or a different look. With the approaching autumn, it is the time for you to warm up your house with the color of falling leaves and brighten the dull and sunken atmosphere. A natural home decor idea is the best way to spice up the dull and monotonous look of your home. A natural decor gives a feel of the season and adds color, liveliness and positivity to your house. Autumn is the best time to cast the glimpses of nature and its changing season into your house. This article will provide you with different autumn home decorating tips, to help you lay down your home décor plan.
Fall Decorating Ideas
- Lighting up your house and the exteriors is the best idea of autumn decoration. You can find a variety of lightings in the market. Adding a string or two will help to warm up your house atmosphere, apart from enlivening your living space. Drape a strand or two over a window or one of your favorite sideboards. The lighting should be such that there is no requirement of any extra lights. These lightings should create a totally unique ambiance.
- Add up to the decorative ambiance of your house by dressing up your windows with curtains and swags. Curtains not only add a new dimension to your home décor, but also help in keeping the cold out, thereby warming up your house. In case you are throwing the party during the pleasant daytime, use decorative tiebacks to drape a bolt of heavy fabric like corduroy, velvet or canvas across the top of your windows, to let the warm sunshine in.
- You can even design new placemats for your dining, thereby giving a new touch to the eating space of your house. It is a great decoration option for large or informal gathering, and you need not worry about spending on new place settings. You can use brown packaging paper, as the base and then decorate using different methods to suit your needs. A mat trimmed in grosgrain ribbon and topped with orange-red leaves and tiny pinecones is a perfect combo for this season. Any kind of cutouts, ribbons, color papers and stencils can be used to put on table your creativity.
- Create a snowman out of your autumn pumpkin and get famous all around the city. Stand three pumpkins over each other. You can make them stand with the help of a stick. Drill holes in the pumpkin to make the face of the snowman. This new avatar of snowman would surely get some eyeballs rolling.
- If you have a garden at your backyard, you can show your creativity by converting it into an unconventional topiary. People who don’t have a garden can as well make quirky topiary of a branch by placing it in a box or a flowerpot, helping it to stand with the help of sticks, bricks and rocks. You can even place a pumpkin, after making a face out of it, on a branch or a bush.
- Decorating your house with a dried leaf arrangement is another option. Use your creativity and make the floral arrangement striking and pleasing to the sight of viewers. All you need is a vase and a pair of pruners, to give a natural touch to the décor of your home.
- Make a garland out of rose read apples for your mantle. This will give a different look to your decoration. You can even use colorful apples to make the garland and can even alter the looks with the help of few walnuts, leaves or gourds.
- Welcome your guests and friends by placing clusters of berries, ornamental grasses and other fall finds at your front door entrance. You can purchase a chaplet from a local crafts store and then attach the berries and grasses with wire or hot glue and give an authentic welcome to your guests.
- Spread an aromatic atmosphere, by placing a ceramic bowl full of different fruits like oranges, lemons, pinecones, nuts and pieces of evergreen, in the dining space of your house.