They say that what gold is to the minerals, amla is to herbs. Amla oil is extracted from amla, also known as the Indian gooseberry, a native tree of South Asia. “Amala Navami” is a festival celebrated at the beginning of the winter season as per the Hindu calendar, where amla saplings are religiously shared among people and cultivated for encouraging good health. In Indian Ayurveda, it is one of the most used herbs. It is a symbol of good health and is worshipped as an auspicious fruit. This fruit is loaded with 20 times more vitamin C than an orange. Amla oil is obtained from dried amla. Amlas are cut into small pieces and soaked into coconut oil for several days in order to extract the oil soluble vitamins from it and then kept for boiling. After boiling, the darkish, filtered and purified oil obtained is known as amla oil. It is considered to be one of the world’s oldest natural hair conditioners. Since it is an Indian herb, it has been used in India since a very long time and its uses have been well known to almost all generations of mankind. Continue reading to know some amazing benefits of amla oil.
Benefits Of Amla Oil
- Amla oil, if applied on the scalp, can prevent balding and encourage sound sleep.
- Amla oil is very useful in improving memory and intellect.
- It can prevent, and at times, even cure wrinkles, to an extent.
- Since amla oil prevents stress to an extent, it can also prevent aging to a certain level.
- Amla oil is well known for giving a cooling effect to the mind and the body. This is one of the main reasons behind its wide use in hot countries like India and some neighboring cultures. The human body needs certain natural remedies to prevent stress and fatigue in tropical conditions, and amla offers the perfect solution.
- Amla oil can also be used as a form of therapeutic massage. It gives a cooling sensation to the skin similar to the aloe vera gel effects. It is believed that a scalp massage enhances the flow of oxygen to the brain and relaxes the nervous system and also increases the discharge of growth hormones for improved brain cell development.
- Amla oil is considered the best natural hair conditioner. It has the power to make hair stronger, shinier, softer and better moisturized. Hair damage is a common thing in the present day as pollution and chemical traces in the atmosphere cause excessive weakening of hair follicles. There are many ways to use amla oil; as a hair conditioner, it can be massaged directly onto the hair immediately after shampooing and rinsed a few minutes later or massaged into washed hair, to be wrapped with a steaming towel for about 30 minutes soon thereafter.
- Amla oil is also used for the prevention of grey hair. Use of amla oil to prevent greyness is as popular as is its use as a hair conditioner. It will not prevent greying that accompanies old age, but will prevent premature greying to an extent. There are no significant medical explanations that prove the effectiveness of amla oil for this purpose, but it is believed that amla oil is a powerful prevention treatment against greying probably because it contains high levels of tannin.
- It is also well known for preventing dandruff and hair fall and also improves growth and pigmentation of hair.