Termed as an acclaimed symbol of beauty, women do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to looking their best. The latest fashion trend that is turning the female lot fanatic is the acrylic nails. Every teenager and woman desires to own long, pretty nails. If you too aspire to have beautiful nails, know for sure that acrylic nails are just what you can seek out for to accomplish the long-lived desire. These are artificial nails created by combining a specific powder with a liquid. This combination when pasted onto a person’s natural nails gives rise to acrylic nails. Available in a variety of intricate shapes, designs and vivid colors, they beautifully enhance the nails, thereby allowing women to flaunt their own individual style.
Acrylic nails are best played when fancied with tiny sequins, gems, beads, stars, trinkets, etc. However, most women make a mess out of these stunning and flattering nails when it comes to acrylic nail care. If not well-cared, acrylic nails can lead to future problems, such as lifting, splitting, skin reactions, deformities in nail and nail fungus. Hence, a good knowledge about acrylic nail care is essential for continuously sporting the sparkling acrylic nails. Given here are some caring tips for the same.
How To Care For Acrylic Nails
- Avoid exposing acrylic nails to water for prolonged periods. Though water does not really damage these nails, over exposure can cause lifting and nail fungus. Hence, the best way to protect acrylic nails from water is to towel dry them every time you expose your nails to water.
- One of the best ways to avoid water coming in contact with acrylic nails is the use of rubber gloves. Use hand gloves whenever possible to prevent splitting or chipping caused due to accidents that are likely to occur while doing household chores.
- Since any bacteria can damage the nail bed and natural nails, it is best to use anti-bacterial soap for washing hands to keep the bacteria at bay.
- You can also swab the nails and their surroundings with alcohol every day, before bedtime to get rid of any dirt or bacteria.
- Improve the flexibility of your acrylic nail by applying oil once or twice a day. This will further strengthen the nails, thereby preventing breaking and chipping.
- Always keep your nail files and other instruments separate and avoid sharing them as they can spread infections. If at all you have shared any of such tools, use them only after sanitizing.
- Chipping or splitting can cause water seepage. Hence, if you experience such an accident, visit the nail technician straight away to prevent fungal infection of the nails. Since all glues are not water resistant, do not attempt to glue up the broken part of the acrylic nail.