Rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, roots, nuts and legumes, the acid-alkaline diet is the best way to maintain the balance of pH level in the body. The acid-alkaline diet helps in effectively neutralizing any excess acids and eliminating them from our body, thus saving us from various risks involved. A person is said to be acidic when the body’s inner terrain is in an unbalanced state. This imbalance is due to the toxins made by excessive acidity in the body. To reduce this excessive acidity, it is essential to eat acid-alkaline foods, as such foods balance out the inner terrain. Since an acid-alkaline diet does not need any significant changes on the person’s part, it is considered to be the best diet for people on the go. An acid-alkaline diet not only boosts your energy, but also makes a person stronger and healthier. Read on to find the benefits of following an acid-alkaline diet.
Benefits Of Acid-Alkaline Diet
- Alkaline is produced naturally in our body. The most important function of this form of diet is that it neutralizes excess acids and removes them from the body.
- Maintaining sufficient alkaline levels in the body is extremely important, because if the alkaline level is low, the body would deplete the essential nutrients from different organs and parts of our body, to neutralize the excess acid. This sudden depletion of essential nutrients by the body can affect the immune system of the body, leading to many diseases, deficiencies and disorders.
- A proper alkaline balance in the body helps in maintaining proper thyroid function and decreases the cortef levels.
- Following an acid-alkaline diet can also have other benefits like reducing the risk of cancer and other life threatening diseases.
When Is An Acid-Alkaline Diet Recommended?
A person suffering from the following symptoms is generally asked to shift to an acid-alkaline diet:
- Low levels of energy continuously, even without any disease or flu.
- Excessive mucous production in the body.
- Nasal congestion
- Anxiety, nervousness and irritability.
- Attack of frequent colds and flu.
- Presence of ovarian cysts, polycystic ovaries and benign breast cysts.
- One should shift to a complete acid-alkaline diet only after consulting the doctor. People with acute or chronic kidney failure should not follow an acid-alkaline diet.
- People having any history of heart diseases and on medications that affect the potassium levels in the body should consult their doctors, before shifting to acid-alkaline diet plan.