Our home serves as our sanctuary. It is a place that offers us solace from the hardships that we face in the outside world. At the same time, it comes across as a reflection of our personality. In fact, the way a home has been organized as well as decorated tells a lot about its owner. This is why it is very necessary for you to pay proper attention to each and every room therein. Amongst the numerous aspects that make up the overall décor of a house are the colors used. While the right color can bring out the beauty of the furnishing of a room, the wrong ones can make even the most elegant accessories look useless. Through this article, we intend to help you explore the home color schemes in the coming year i.e. 2009.
Home Color Trends 2009
- Blue is going to be hot in 2009, as far as home colors are concerned. However, rather than the dark hues, go for soothing, comforting and relaxing shades of blue.
- Gray is emerging as a color that has all the chances of being a hot favorite in 2009. It can be combined with creamy whites and varied colors of taupe, to create that 'urban chic' look.
- Be it you hair or your home, rich chocolate seems to become the dominant color in 2009. In case of your house, you can team it up with ivory and create an elegant decor.
- The metallic colors, including copper, bronze and graphite/pewter, are all set to make a comeback in 2009. Make sure you combine them with the right type of accessories, to bring across a contemporary look.
- If you want to bring nature inside your room, then skip the botanical hues and stick to the colors that remind you of sky or sunlight, while sunrise or sunset. Dusty purple, deep blue, bronze metallic, warm gold and rosy pink will be the best.
- Shades of purple have all the possibility of being in vogue in the coming year. Right from the lightest lilac to jewel-toned royal purples, the palette before you is vastly varied.
- If you want to make your rooms look bright and lively, then hues of orange and yellow is just what you should opt for. If possible, go for high intensity oranges, mixed with strong yellows.
- For areas like child’s bedroom, playroom and kitchens, fruit-colors like citrus green, mango, apple red, lemon yellow and pumpkin orange will be the best bet. You can use black as an accent color as well.